PDA

View Full Version : Well I finally figured out how to clean OCP/CCW completly out of my pads

MorBid
08-27-2005, 07:35 PM
Didn`t have much luck with either dish soap or MF Cleaner (soaking mixed with water or putting product directly on the pad and washing them that way).

Well tonite after washing the car I decided to drop my pads in the 5 gallon wash bucket w/2 oz of Megs gold. I use one wash bucket and two rinse buckets.

Anywho a little bit of "squeezing" the soapy water through and a final rinse in the sink an whalla. No more white residue.

Just thought I`d share.

PaulTso
08-27-2005, 08:29 PM
I just spray my pads with purple power and its finished.

southbaytaco
08-30-2005, 12:58 PM
I use Costco APC.

wannafbody
08-30-2005, 04:29 PM
Castrols Super Purple cleaner works great too :up

qadsan
08-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Dawn dishwashing soap works for me even when my nice bright colored pads look black. I first get the pad wet in the sink and then squeeze a generous amount of Dawn soap directly onto the pad, especially where its black. Then I work the soap into the pad which makes a thick foamy paste of diswashing soap and polishig compound inside the foam pad. While keeping my fingers compressed on the foam, I work the pad so the thick goopy mess oozes out the dirty side and after a few passes the pad begins to look much cleaner. With a little work the pad will be free of compound and will look perfectly clean. After I rinse them out which takes just a few seconds, I put them on my rotary and spin dry them :grinno:

atticdog
08-30-2005, 06:47 PM
megs recomends letting the pad dry then spinning it on the rotary then cleaning with a nylon brush

this is what we learned at a rotary class i attended also

Chang
08-30-2005, 07:51 PM
I like tide

MorBid
08-31-2005, 07:57 PM
I`ve found that using dish soap takes like forever to rinse out and I`m never sure if it`s all out cuz after my pads dry and I go to use them I get like "dust" coming off them.

Has ne1 ever used those products made for cleaning pads?

Anthony O.
09-01-2005, 03:14 PM
On top of the cleaning and rinsing try using an air compressor if you all have one. Use it after the pad is fairly dry and it helps remove the "dry" remaining residue.

Anthony