PDA

View Full Version : bird ****

Pages : [1] 2

imported_tuffluck
08-27-2005, 12:44 PM
so my car now has two or three spots where bird crap landed on it and left a clear residue that does not come off with QD, clay bar, or even the PC. what the hell is in bird **** that makes it do this, and is there any way to get it off?

SVR
08-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Needs to be wetsanded out possibly

I`ve had good results with P21S finish restorer, you have to do a few applications though and it`s very aggressive. Must dampen the pad and surface to prevent scratching when using

Anthony O.
08-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Bird poo is really acidic and can eat through a cars paint in no time. Seagulls eat some of the worst junk and man their poo is almost on a nuclear waste level :scared:

Birds also crap out dirt or grit so one needs to be careful when removing bird poo so as not to scratch the paint. The best method fo removal is to wash the car but in an emergency lay a damp towel over the poo and try to pick UP the offensive matter instead of wiping it off the paint.

Many guys keep some QD and MF towels handy for this very situation.

Anthony

papi_jay
08-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Only seagulls here in Ohio live somewhere by mcDonald`s because thats all they eat . A flock of about about 50 of them sit in the parking lot and people feed them a fry here , fry there , bread etc ..

imported_tuffluck
10-09-2005, 12:24 PM
i`ve had this happen before where the bird actually craps on the car, and within hours i`m taking it off (if i`m at work and come outside, etc). and while i do carry QD and MF towels with me in my car for this reason, i still managed to come across some bird crap that left a stain/outline on my quarter panel. it`s so depressing. would the PC take it out? it looks truly awful.

Mikeyc
10-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Only seagulls here in Ohio live somewhere by mcDonald`s because thats all they eat . A flock of about about 50 of them sit in the parking lot and people feed them a fry here , fry there , bread etc ..

Seagulls eat some of the worst junk

McD`s is definitely the worst junk you can eat. :LOLOL

Setec Astronomy
10-09-2005, 07:57 PM
i`ve had this happen before where the bird actually craps on the car, and within hours i`m taking it off

Sometimes hours is too long...some of that stuff seems to do the damage almost instantly...and other times, it can be on for weeks and leave no mark...all depends on the crap and the circumstances.

White95Max
10-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Yeah I left bird crap on my mom`s car for 2 full weeks once (Call me cruel, but I reminded her every day that it should be removed :) . Besides, I had wanted to test the AIO/UPP) and it didn`t do any damage.

I had 3 spots on my Maxima`s hood that were permanently etched from bird crap. We went on vacation, came back, and I saw 3 piles of crap on the hood (I shouldn`t have left the car under the tree :wall ). I washed them off, but I was left with etchings in the paint. I tried all kinds of things to get them out (clay, cleaners, polishes, compounding...) but nothing worked.

What eventually worked for me, was to sell the car! I haven`t seen the spots for almost 3 months now! :xyxthumbs

I always carry MFs and QD with me in case a bird decides to attempt to ruin the paint on the Protege`s hood too.

imported_tuffluck
10-11-2005, 05:28 PM
well the bird **** here is unreal. i have two more serious etches in my paint today from it, and it`s REALLY pissing me the hell off. i don`t park by trees at all...in fact, i park in the middle of a damn city, and somehow this **** happens to me quite a lot.

the mark of the crap is very obvious on the paint, but you can`t feel it at all. it`s eaten it`s way INTO the paint, because it`s not ON the paint anymore. i work all day and don`t have time to check on my car every 10 minutes. this is ridiculous.

does anyone know if the PC will take this out without me having to polish it too deeply? you just have no idea how much this angers me. i`ve spent way too damn much time trying to keep my car looking so good. now i`m down 3 very large bird **** stains that are obvious on my car, and i`m about ready to take a shotgun to work and shoot everything living within feet of my car.

White95Max
10-11-2005, 05:52 PM
The only thing I can recommend is too try your best to prevent this from happening. Keep several layers of a durable sealant on your car at all times, and add a coat of wax often. The more sacrificial layers you keep on the car, the less likely that the bird s*** will be able to get down to your paint.

imported_tuffluck
10-11-2005, 07:05 PM
The only thing I can recommend is too try your best to prevent this from happening. Keep several layers of a durable sealant on your car at all times, and add a coat of wax often. The more sacrificial layers you keep on the car, the less likely that the bird s*** will be able to get down to your paint.

thanks for the recommendation, however, i can tell you that is totally and completely not going to help. if you saw what this **** was doing, you`d understand. besides, have several layers of 16 and nxt on the car. this **** is lethal.

does anyone know if a PC would help?

White95Max
10-11-2005, 07:11 PM
I know what it`s like...I had 3 spots on my Maxima that were from bird ****. The PC could not help me, regardless of what I used with it. That`s why I told you that all you can hope to do is [do your best to] prevent it from happening again.

You can try a strong paint cleaner like AIO, and work it into that area for a while. If that doesn`t remove the staining, it`s etched into the paint. That means the only hope you have is to polish away the clearcoat until you`ve removed the whole etching. Whether that`s a good idea or not depends on how deep the etching is. It definitely isn`t worth it if you`ll have to remove half of the clear to get rid of it.

imported_tuffluck
10-11-2005, 08:20 PM
I know what it`s like...I had 3 spots on my Maxima that were from bird ****. The PC could not help me, regardless of what I used with it. That`s why I told you that all you can hope to do is [do your best to] prevent it from happening again.

You can try a strong paint cleaner like AIO, and work it into that area for a while. If that doesn`t remove the staining, it`s etched into the paint. That means the only hope you have is to polish away the clearcoat until you`ve removed the whole etching. Whether that`s a good idea or not depends on how deep the etching is. It definitely isn`t worth it if you`ll have to remove half of the clear to get rid of it.

did the PC even help? man that`s so damn frustrating just thinking about it. i truly can`t believe this.

imported_tuffluck
10-11-2005, 08:22 PM
is there anyone else out there with advice for how to get the crap off of the paint (or out of it)? i would just like a 2nd opinion.

White95Max
10-11-2005, 08:26 PM
did the PC even help? man that`s so damn frustrating just thinking about it. i truly can`t believe this.

The PC helped to get as much of the stain out as possible, but nothing (PC included) was able to remove the spot entirely. It was still quite noticeable to me from certain angles.