PDA

View Full Version : S100, is the can spring loaded?

zimmerDN
08-27-2005, 08:47 AM
I just recieved my s100 and I tried to take wax out from the can but it just can`t figure out how. It seems like the bottom part of the can is attached to a spring? :think:

imported_MCA
08-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Hey zimmer,

On my can of s100 (about 1.5 yrs old), there are 2 physical containers --> the exterior that has the label and another interior container that holds the wax. There is some "rubber-like" glue in between each container. I had to use a plastic butter knife to "cut" around the edges to get the wax loose...i only needed to do this one time. Hope this helps.

MCA

black stang
08-27-2005, 08:55 AM
Fill a sink up with warm water and let it sit for a minute.

imported_COBRyan
08-27-2005, 11:06 AM
why did you want to take the wax out?

imported_MCA
08-27-2005, 02:24 PM
why did you want to take the wax out?

For me --> Having the wax slide in and out of the can allows you to easily swipe it onto the pad of a PC (or any applicator for that matter) without the need of some type of spreading tool.

MCA

zimmerDN
08-27-2005, 02:36 PM
Yah I just want it out of the can so I can apply to the pad easier. By the way I finally got it out of the can. How do I know how much to apply on the pad and how can I do this without holding the wax in my hand?

Pats300zx
08-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Yah I just want it out of the can so I can apply to the pad easier. By the way I finally got it out of the can. How do I know how much to apply on the pad and how can I do this without holding the wax in my hand?

You can use the PC wrench to spread it on the pad if you don`t want to hold it in your hand.

Synthetic
08-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Hmm... the S100 wax I bought was so lose in the jar thet it fell out onto the cement the first time I tried using it! What a mess, but I just flipped it over and made sure to be real careful from there on. :D

jimmybuffit
08-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Frankly, I think you`re wasting time and product.

One of the many benefits of S100/P21S is the easy on/easy off aspect!

By the time you get the PC out, get power, center the pad, apply wax to the pad...

I`ll have all the horizontals done by then, and starting the verticals.

Don`t let the machine dictate Sure, you bought the PC, but don`t think you HAVE to use it...

zimmerDN
08-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Heh, that`s how I feel. I started this hobby by doing everything by hand I might as well stick with it. So a foam pad should be a ok right for applying by hand. How long does it need to haze?

94BlkStang
08-27-2005, 11:19 PM
Frankly, I think you`re wasting time and product.

One of the many benefits of S100/P21S is the easy on/easy off aspect!

By the time you get the PC out, get power, center the pad, apply wax to the pad...

I`ll have all the horizontals done by then, and starting the verticals.

Don`t let the machine dictate Sure, you bought the PC, but don`t think you HAVE to use it...

I agree. It`s so easy that it`s hardly worth the trouble of using a PC. I`ve always liked doing my top coat by hand anyway. :D

kompressornsc
08-28-2005, 04:10 AM
Heh, that`s how I feel. I started this hobby by doing everything by hand I might as well stick with it. So a foam pad should be a ok right for applying by hand. How long does it need to haze?

Don`t let it haze-you`ll never get it off. Apply a panel, wipe it off while it`s still wet. It`s not like a lot of waxes that you let dry then buff.

And yes, doing it with a PC would be insanely time consuming. I can do a coat of s100 basically as fast as I can use a QD-maybe 5 or 6 minutes for an average size car. My favorite way to do it is to have someone come right behind me with an MF and wipe it off-saves time in picking up & putting down each towel.

imported_COBRyan
08-28-2005, 10:15 AM
My favorite way to do it is to have someone come right behind me with an MF and wipe it off-saves time in picking up & putting down each towel.

That`s exactly how I apply and remove it myself! My brother or GF follows behind me with a MF towel.

TortoiseAWD
08-29-2005, 07:37 AM
I use a 4" cordless orbital (Nikota) to apply S100 (Souveran, #16, etc.). No set up time like the PC, and unless you`re The Flash, I don`t think you`d be able to lay down a layer of wax as quickly, evenly, and thinly as the buffer. You know how everyone says not to let S100 or Souveran haze, because it`s a bear to remove the residue? If I apply by hand, I get the same result; however, when I apply S100 with my buffer, I can do half the car, then come back and wipe off the residue without too much trouble.

To each his own, of course, but I greatly prefer applying S100 with a machine rather than by hand. YMMV.

Tort