PDA

View Full Version : 911 Turbo

imported_turbomangt
08-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Pics don`t do this car justice. This is a 1996 911 that was an open ended detail. I don`t get meny of these a year, the owner just tells me whatever it costs just get it perfect. I never take advantage of anyone, but it does take more time doing under the car , behind the wheels, and using Q tips where you would normally use a rag and detail brush. One of things I was challenged with was the touch up job somone did on the chips in front. It looked like the paint didn`t match. I had to go to a body shop to have them use a digital meter to get the exact color. After I got that done it looked much better. He is going to a judged show this weekend and hopes to win something. The nice part is I had to drive it from my shop to my driveway. What a rocket. Gary

http://a2.cpimg.com/image/4E/D9/51455822-a9d3-02000180-.jpg

http://a3.cpimg.com/image/4F/D9/51455823-720a-02000180-.jpg

Way2SSlow
08-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Awesome. I have driven a few porsches, but only one late model. They are truly amazing machines! You did an incredible job on the paint....I bet he does well in the show. What products did you use?

imported_turbomangt
08-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Working chemicals into that paint was more fun than putting oils on the back of a French model. Maybe I`m going to far. After the usual prep work which I hope I don`t need to go into .I love working with 4 star paint cleaner, it removes surface contaminants "IN" the finish unlike claying which removes contaminants "ON" the fnish. I like using this product because it is a mild cleaner with polishing oils in it and is perfect for paint starting out in great condition already. Next I put on a layer of Poorboys pwc/ then I used some #7, and finished with EX. Gary

Synthetic
08-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Good job, but that 911 has one of the ugliest rear spoilers I`ve seen.

imported_garyo
08-29-2005, 11:46 AM
At least that spoiler is functional. It reduces lift in the back and houses the intercooler for the twin turbo`s. there is no room within the engine bay of the 911 (except the 996 and 997 which were designed with the intercooler in mind) therefore the "whale tail" was added to allow for the intercooler.