PDA

View Full Version : Help in removing something sticky on my clearcoat paint car.

Julius_911
08-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Hi,

I don`t know how it got there, but at first I thought it was just some kid who spilled some coke on my car, I didn`t have a chance to remove it immeditately so it sat in the hot sun all day until this evening I decided to wash to car. I used the Poorboy wash (bubble something that smells like oranges), after drying the car I notice that "spill" was still there..no problem, I moved to plan B and used this old Bug and Tar remover (about 13 years old), nothing, it was still there..I can scratch it off with my fingernails....then I moved to plan C, get the Dawn and scrub hard...nothing!! That dam spill is still there, it`s not sticky anymore, kinda like it has this baked crust.

Any ideas how I can get this stuff off my car? :nixweiss

Thanks

Setec Astronomy
08-26-2005, 07:02 PM
I had some white stuff like that on my car recently...I wound up just scraping it off with my fingernail.

zimmerDN
08-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Goo Gone? Although it`s not adhesive so it might not work. Did you dry leaving a wet towel over the spot for 10 mins and then clay it after?

imported_truzoom
08-27-2005, 12:04 AM
I sure hope it wasn`t soda, because I think the citric acid would be hell to a clearcoat.

You can try spraying the tar remover onto a cloth, then laying the cloth over the area to let it soak in. Claybar is also an option.

Julius_911
08-27-2005, 06:03 AM
Just tried the soaking and nothing...I`ll have to buy some clay and try Plan D