PDA

View Full Version : Mom`s Phase 1-2-3 vs Reflections/Top Coat

rd_volvo
08-25-2005, 07:48 AM
Has anyone compared the old phase 123 system to reflections with top coat.

I have dark green metallic paint.

I may give the reflections / top coat a look.

thanks

fatchance
08-25-2005, 09:14 AM
I just did my car with Power Wax, Reflections Wax and Reflections Top Coat. It looks amazing. I`ve used the Top Coat already a few times and I`m impressed with the results.

wannafbody
08-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Top Coat has great gloss-one of the best looking OTC products

jetskie
08-25-2005, 12:38 PM
They are both good. The main advantage of reflections is that its a synthetic that will last longer. If your paint is in need of cleaning the reflections cleaner is week and intended for maintance cleaning on well care for cars. The ultimate is to use step 1 to clean then use reflections and top coat. I would give new reflections a try.

DJ Trackie
08-25-2005, 04:24 PM
right, i prefer the synthetic route vs the "old" technology - which is the cleaner-sealer-wax

New synthetic system:

1: PowerPolish (cleans and removes swirl)

2: Synwax or Reflections (seal)

AlexRuiz
08-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Unless you have a flat dark color, reflections will look better all around. Not to mention it is waay easier to apply and remove.

BillyBarou
08-26-2005, 08:22 AM
One other advantage to Mothers is really super easy removal.

Alfisti
08-26-2005, 09:58 PM
rd_volvo, another factor is the condition of your paint and what you`re prepared/have time to do.

If you paint is perfect (no swirls/scratches) then I`d:

1) Wash then clay (if you have some - if not, a must to have - if you get the Mothers Clay Kit you get an excellent clay and one of the best OTC QDs, and best OTC cleaner wax)

2) Prewax cleaner (Megs Step 1 is better than Mothers Phase 1)

3) Reflection Wax followed by Reflections Top Coat x 2 (better than NXT, IMO)

If you have swirls and are in a position to polish them out, then clay, and then use PowerPolish and two different pads (medium and light polishing), followed by step 3 above.

If you have swirls and can`t polish then:

1) Wash and clay

2) Prewax cleaner

3) Mothers Phase 2 glaze (Megs step 2 Polish very good too)

4) Cal Gold Carnauba or even better, Reflections Top Coat x 2 (no Reflections Wax as its mild cleaners may remove some of the glaze.