PDA

View Full Version : favorite wheel cleaner.

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
01-13-2005, 07:44 AM
list it. and your type of wheels. four star ultimate wheel cleaner gel. clear coat wheels. stuff is great. can`t get it locally so it`s ordered. seem`s to leave behind a extra shine! mothers clear coat wheel polish, when needed.

JaredPointer
01-13-2005, 08:42 AM
EO A2Z.

mgm2003
01-13-2005, 08:49 AM
EO a2Z and Hi-Temp wheel cleaner is what I usually use.

I tried the 4* gel, and have to admit that I really like it a lot too. I just ordered PB spray and rise because people have been writing lots of great reviews. I have to admit.... I find these products a bit pricey.

In the end, I suspect that I`ll continue to use Hi-Temp because it`s an awesome wheel cleaner and it`s only $15 a gallon. You really can`t beat the price/performance.

Dalton
01-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Its funny I really only use an APC with a stiff brush on my tires. I use APC and a cotton towel for my rims. Thats all I need as I keep them sealed with AIO and re-apply every time I use the APC.

I do the APC wash every 6 weeks or so and in between I just use soapy water with the brush ion the tires and soapy water with a towel on the rims.

I have really not had much need for anything stronger

G35stilez
01-13-2005, 10:16 AM
Eagle One A2Z

with APC (6:1) not far behind.

Dalton
01-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Is EO A2Z really that good?

mtodde
01-13-2005, 10:46 AM
I really like the 4* wheel cleaner. Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe wheel cleaner is my favorite though; I use it diluted 50% and it requires very little if any agitation on the outside of my wheels. For the inside it cleans better than anything else I`ve tried.

I`ve used a lot of wheel cleaners and the 4* & Poorboy`s are the best 2 that I have used.

I use AIO normally after I clean with a wheel cleaner and just use a separate wash bucket with one of my car wash soaps that I didn`t care for (using NXT & Clearkote currently) with a wheel brush. I also have the Poorboy`s Wheel Sealant prototype topping the AIO at the moment.

My wheels are clearcoated and have lots of flake. :)

G35stilez
01-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Is EO A2Z really that good?

I think so yeah...It`s 23 ounces for around $6 which works out to be cheaper than a lot of wheel cleaners. It`s definately the strongest I`ve used, but for my car I only use a very small amount so it works as diluted. The APC diluted is close but this cleaner is DESIGNED to clean wheels/tires so I know it has different ingridients to clean a bit better.

If you`re using for personal use, I`d stick to the APC mix as your rims probably never get that dirty and are usually pretty easy to clean up. I just like the A2Z for customer`s vehicles that are not well taken care of.

Dave R32
01-14-2005, 01:28 AM
Pinnacle Wheel and Tyre Gel at present or sometimes P21S Gel.

I have just tested (used half the bottle) some Zymol and I dont think it is any better than the above mentioned products. Although the kit does come with a bottle of post wash spray which is supposed to make future washing easier, I havent found this to be the case and have stopped used it.

Cheers
Dave.

zesty-man
01-14-2005, 01:44 AM
ive tried a couple wheel cleaners out there, but ive found that i tend to like a diliuted APC for that heavy cleaning for neglected rims. it works the best to really get the rims clean. however, if im doing my own car (which has poorboys wheel sealent), i tend to just use some S&W with a cheap costco mf, the brake dust comes off with one swipe. keep in mind that i drive a BMW and its infamous brake dust.

RedondoV6
01-14-2005, 06:26 AM
To be honest with you, I just use car wash shampoo 90% of the time, which should be all you need unless the wheels have been neglected.

If a stronger cleaner is required, EO A2Z is cheap, available locally and it works really well. A2Z will also remove the brown wax crud off tires very quickly.
If you have rims which are very difficult to clean, spokes etc. the PB`s wheel cleaner is worth a look because it requires very little or no agitation.

As with all these strong wheel cleaners, spot check the wheel first, never use on a hot wheel and wear protective gloves etc. as needed.

Good luck!

Beemerboy
01-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Depending on how bad the rims are, I use a APC or degreaser at 100% also depending on the finish of the rims.
I`ve used the 4* and loved it and some P&S product which is local to me but I`ve not found any WC that a good APC has not been able to beat, maybe its just me?
I do have some acid based cleaner for those real tuff jobs but the gallon that I have is 3 years old so you can see I don`t use much

tubafeak
01-16-2005, 12:18 PM
I use this orange clean stuff, It`s pretty good, and it`s $3 for 32oz. It needs a bit of agitation, and it will strip wax, but Megs #20 holds up well, and I usually just use soapy water anyway. A dedicated wheel cleaner should be used only when the wheels are quite dirty. A properly maintained car should only need it after a track day, or off-roading. Ceramic brake pads also help immensely.

6cyl's_of_fury
01-18-2005, 07:52 AM
dirty rims = EO A2Z.
slightly dirty rims = QEW.

mgm2003
01-18-2005, 08:03 AM
Well mine used to be A2Z and hi-temp, but after trying the new PB`s Spray and Rinse over the weekend, it`s now my product of choice. You can dilute it for wheels that are well maintained.