PDA

View Full Version : OCW over PwC or other waxes/sealants?

JaCkaL829
08-23-2005, 09:18 PM
As the title states, i`m wondering if OCW will work on top of PwC. I know OCW has been getting a lot of play on the forums lately, and it seems it would fit in good with me seeing how I am also rushed for time, especially at the end of a detail. This seems like it would really cut my detail time, and from what I read its pretty durable. I`m just wondering if I can use it over PwC or any other layers of wax/sealant. Might be good for a quickie wax right after a wash just to ensure you have some protection without going crazy.

I`m also putting together a little "detailing kit" for a tricky tray and was thinking PwC is a good cleaner polish and OCW seems simple and durable. Was just wondering if these two combos would work. I already e-mailed Optimum today, but still have yet to get response.

Just wondering what some of you guys who have experience with OCW think?

Thanks! :xyxthumbs

Scottwax
08-23-2005, 09:29 PM
I`ve used it over VM on my own car, seemed to work just fine. Mostly though, I use it over Optimum Polish. Not really sure if they are any bonding issues with OCW. :nixweiss

RobDon
08-24-2005, 03:00 AM
I`ve used OCW (spray) over blue PwC and it seemed to work very well, left a nice slick surface with nice metallic pop.

imported_Picus
08-24-2005, 05:54 AM
I`ve done it, works fine and looks great.

klnyc
08-24-2005, 05:58 AM
I have try OCW over RMG. I dont know how good it hold.

JaCkaL829
08-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Got a response e-mail back from David (Optimum) concerning the OCW over other waxes/sealants.

"Optimum Car Wax bonds very well with all other sealants and waxes unless they contain silicone oils. In that case, the silicone oils need to be removed before applying Optimum Car Wax to the surface. " David

So i`m not to sure what polishes/waxes contain silicone oils, but if people are saying it works over stuff like VM and PwC I guess I should be OK.

Scottwax
08-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Just FYI, I`ve been applying a coat of OCW after each wash for the past couple of weeks and it really gives the car a nice liquid look. Topped with Natty`s Blue today and :drool:

OCW seems to get the best look after a couple of layers.

Anthony O.
08-24-2005, 10:03 PM
Got a response e-mail back from David (Optimum) concerning the OCW over other waxes/sealants.

"Optimum Car Wax bonds very well with all other sealants and waxes unless they contain silicone oils. In that case, the silicone oils need to be removed before applying Optimum Car Wax to the surface. " David

So i`m not to sure what polishes/waxes contain silicone oils, but if people are saying it works over stuff like VM and PwC I guess I should be OK.

Yeah this can be tricky to tell the good from the bad BUT as long as it is "paint shop safe" then you know it has none of the bad silicones.

I prefer to use OCW on a polymer sealant rather than on top of a carnauba wax. If I am using a paste wax I will then lay down the OCW, wait at least 12 hours and then apply the paste wax.

Anthony

klnyc
08-25-2005, 05:59 AM
OCW w/Meg #16 = spit shine :xyxthumbs

hirosh
08-25-2005, 11:52 AM
in my case, it seemed to work better over the RMG/FMJ combo i have on my car right now, then when i tried using it over the RMG/FMJ/TS/Blue Natty`s/TS combo i used to have. over the waxes it seemed to be harder to use and seemed to streak more and just felt weird, not slick. over the FMJ, it went on quite easily with no problems, and it`s like i just applied another coat of FMJ, it`s feels slick, and looks just a tad bit wetter.

Scottwax
08-25-2005, 06:30 PM
I`ve found OCW works better under carnaubas than over them.