PDA

View Full Version : Black car and the SSR2.5

kikim
08-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Usually, I work with the Mezerna, 3M and Meguiars products. I decided to test the PoorBoys products then I bought the SSR2.5 and the SSR1.

With PC and on a black car, with which pad and at which speed to work them?

JeffM
08-23-2005, 11:30 AM
I would use an orange pad, on speed 5. Dont prime the SSR`s with QD.

imported_Picus
08-23-2005, 11:57 AM
How bad are the defects you`re removing? SSR2.5 works pretty well with a polishing pad is the swirls aren`t that bad, too. The nice thing about that is it doesn`t leave hazing like 2.5+cutting pads sometimes do.

kikim
08-23-2005, 12:07 PM
How bad are the defects you`re removing? SSR2.5 works pretty well with a polishing pad is the swirls aren`t that bad, too. The nice thing about that is it doesn`t leave hazing like 2.5+cutting pads sometimes do.

I want remouve swirls like this w SSR2.5 in black color...

http://elit3.com/upload/swirlfronthoodSMALL.jpg

imported_Amused
08-23-2005, 12:11 PM
if you have light to moderate swirls, i wouldn`t go any further than a polishing pad. SSR2.5 is some abrasive stuff that shouldn`t have any problems taking out that level of marring with a polishing pad...at least I haven`t. Anywhere between 5-6 should do on the PC.

imported_Picus
08-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Ya, try a polishing pad first and move really slow @ speed 5. Might take 2-3 passes, but you`ll likely get them out and you`ll leave it LSP ready. Cutting pad will work, but you`ll probably get hazing and have to go over it with a polishing pad anyway.

kikim
08-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Ya, try a polishing pad first and move really slow @ speed 5. Might take 2-3 passes, but you`ll likely get them out and you`ll leave it LSP ready. Cutting pad will work, but you`ll probably get hazing and have to go over it with a polishing pad anyway.

I want to usually work like I work with the other products...

SSR2.5 with Yellow pad (or orange pad) + SSR1 with white pad ... and finish with AIO and a good carnauba wax.

Do the Poorboys products work well with this process?

imported_Amused
08-23-2005, 12:47 PM
sounds like you should be fine.