PDA

View Full Version : Satin Edges on MF Towels

Setec Astronomy
08-23-2005, 08:40 AM
The trend seems to be to put satin edges on MF towels (both polishing/buffing and WW). I personally don`t like the satin edges; to me it makes the polishing/buffing towels harder to fold, and causes the WW`s to not conform as well to the surface.

Somebody must like this, otherwise all the suppliers wouldn`t be doing it. Am I the only one who prefers the "cheaper" stitched edges?

benpocock
08-23-2005, 08:49 AM
The only towels I`ve got that have the satin edge are my "mucky duty" WW drying towels (the ones I use for door shuts etc) and I have to agree with you on the folding etc. However, they do also stop the edges fraying from multiple washings etc which I find happens to any stitched edge MF, regardless of quality, after you`ve washed them a few times.

Ben

Spilchy
08-23-2005, 09:47 AM
I too agree, I prefer the stitched edges for the same reasons. I get perfect corner to corner folding action which allows me to better palm the towel and not have to keep refolding it back into shape.

That`s why I like the Big Blue WW drying towel from CMA and the old Cobra WW`s from Autogeek.

The Sonus drying towel from the Autopia store has that satin edge and I don`t like it.

Unlike BenP, I have had no issues with fraying with multiple washes.