PDA

View Full Version : Debadged, now i have ghosts, how do i remove them?

zoltanh
08-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Hi guys, this weekend i took the badges off my 3.2 cl-s and i ended up having some lighter colored ghosts of where the badges where. Is there any way to remove/polish this away? If it matters the car is red and the areas that were behind the badges are a lighter shade of red now.

Thanks!

imported_GregCavi
08-22-2005, 08:24 AM
try meguiars scratch x with a terry applicator. Use some passion when you do it and polish until it starts to dissapear. IT shoudl be removed with a couple passes.

Greg

imported_Bence
08-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Another Hungarian???

Lassan összegyűlünk!

rollman
08-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Polish it out .

imported_kgb
08-22-2005, 03:12 PM
I don`t think polishing is going to work. That shadow is where the paint has not faded with the rest of the car. Over time it should fade to match the rest of the car.

zoltanh
08-22-2005, 04:53 PM
I don`t think polishing is going to work. That shadow is where the paint has not faded with the rest of the car. Over time it should fade to match the rest of the car.

Yep you are right, i just got some scratchx and went over it a few times. It helped a little bit, but its still noticable up close. How long you think it would take for it to go away? like years? or maybe a few months?

imported_kgb
08-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Yep you are right, i just got some scratchx and went over it a few times. It helped a little bit, but its still noticable up close. How long you think it would take for it to go away? like years? or maybe a few months?

Probably a few months to a year I would guess. What year is it?

zoltanh
08-23-2005, 06:05 AM
its a 2003

imported_kgb
08-23-2005, 06:16 AM
Yeah, it might take a little while to match the rest. But it should eventually.

White95Max
08-23-2005, 08:25 AM
I would think that going over the entire car (with the badges off) with a polish/paint cleaner/wax will lessen the contrast between the "ghosts" and the rest of the car. That will get the paint looking as close to new as you can get it, so it should be pretty closely matched to the "ghosts".

RTSooner
08-23-2005, 09:42 AM
I debadge my R/T Dakota a few weeks ago and I used a hair dryer to warm up the adhesive and used my thumbnail to remove what didn`t come off with clay and polish. It came out good, can`t tell there was ever anything there. I used polish and wax to get rid the scratch marks left from my thumbnail.