PDA

View Full Version : Success in diluting AG Vinyl & Rubber Care?

imported_lix
08-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Hi,

Has anyone had success in diluting AutoGlym Vinyl & Rubber Care? I`d just like to stretch it that little bit further as I like using it on wheels and wheelarches but feel it`s slightly expensive to be using it full strength all the time.

imported_pugoman
08-21-2005, 12:46 PM
The equivalent trade product called Super Sheen can be diluted, so I guess the Vinyl & Rubber Care could be diluted aswell. Just try some out 50/50 in a 2oz bottle, that way you won`t waste too much if you don`t like the outcome.

Richt
08-21-2005, 02:21 PM
I like Craig have the Super Sheen, but have only ever used it full strength. It works fine and still looks good when sprayed liberaly on wet sufaces ( I do my rubber matts like this) so effectivley you are doing the same. Let us know how it goes.

Richt
08-21-2005, 02:24 PM
If you look on the AG website find your local tarde supplier and get 5 litres of Super Sheen if you can - much more cost effective. I always use it on my tyres, and used to use it on my arches in concours with my 306. I find it washes of the arches easily and attracts a little to much dust, so have gone over to 1Z Vinyl-Rubber Care and Protectant. Again not the cheapest solution but more durable.

imported_lix
08-22-2005, 03:42 AM
Thanks guys, I`ve a couple of days off this week so will give it a go tomorrow (hopefully in the sunshine!). Do the trade guys mind selling to Joe`s off the street or do I have to "pretend" to be a part-time detailer?

Richt
08-22-2005, 03:54 AM
All depends on the local supplier. We give him 200 odd quids worth off business at least between us on most orders we do so he does not mind. Got nothing to lose with a phone call IMO.

imported_lix
08-22-2005, 04:01 AM
All depends on the local supplier. We give him 200 odd quids worth off business at least between us on most orders we do so he does not mind. Got nothing to lose with a phone call IMO.Cheers Rich, will get on the phone tomorrow.