PDA

View Full Version : calling all past & present Vroom sheepskin wash mitt users

III
08-21-2005, 07:46 AM
First and foremost, this thread is not intended to bash this product, but rather to talk about something that I know at least 2 people on this site including myself have experienced with this mitt.

I`m curious to know exactly how many people have experienced little seed like things buried deep in the fur of this mitt. It kind of looks like a pine needle.

I`m also curious to know exactly how many people use this mitt and have not encountered this problem.

At the moment I`ve stopped using this mitt, but I`ve been thinking maybe I should give it another try.

tzec
08-21-2005, 08:15 AM
No dingleberries here. I`ve yet to have any complaints.

BillyBarou
08-21-2005, 08:18 AM
I`ve had no trouble but I like Patrick`s lighter sheepskin personally.

stilez
08-21-2005, 08:29 AM
I have two of these mitts and found them rather pleasant to use. I switch between these and the Eurow`s (Wal-Mart).

I think the Vroom`s are softer and more flexible whereas the Eurow`s have thicker pile but don`t bend as well.

Scottwax
08-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Just used their super soft chenille covered pads. Really nice product.

jimmybuffit
08-21-2005, 01:09 PM
I use MF towels. :hm

Jim

TN9thSi
08-21-2005, 04:08 PM
I bought one about a month ago. The only problem I`ve had is the thumb web stitching came loose and now there is a small hole there. Other than that, a great mitt so far! I`ll probably be buying another one soon. The Vroom line has some really nice products, I have to say.

imported_GregCavi
08-21-2005, 04:29 PM
My only complaint is that they dont hold enough water. They could also use a bit more plushness but for the money there good.

Greg

TN9thSi
08-21-2005, 07:36 PM
To get the best quality mitt, you must hand-pick it from the rack. They are all unique when it comes to the knap of the fibers. I always buy the softest one I can find.

imported_GregCavi
08-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Absolutly. I couldnt agree more! You must take the time to check each mitt for any defects and find the best ones or one. I always bring my buddy to get a second opinion.

Greg

BigAl3
08-21-2005, 08:22 PM
i`ve encountered the same problem as III. if you dig deep/feel carefully all around into the sheepskin, you`ll find those little black bristle like needles. it`s just not worth it for me to buy one again. i`ll stick to the eurows, and not to mention for around $5.... it`s priced just right!

III
08-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Thank you for all that replied on this issue.

ntoddalbert
08-23-2005, 05:19 PM
I haven`t found any problems and I have about 15 of them. I would guess its a natural defect caused by the bedding the sheep were in before being skinned or some natural part of the sheep`s environment. In other words isolated, I would think the volume of Target`s sales would generate orders from more than one sheepskin supplier, then again I could be wrong.....

I always check mine and only buy when I find an exceptional one. Its hard to resist when I know Target STILL doesn`t have these in the price scanner computer.