PDA

View Full Version : New Guy needs help

6Robert2
08-20-2005, 08:33 AM
Hello Folks

I own a 05 Ford F350 CC Dually Black. While my truck was at the dealer (Cough Pasadena Ford cough cough) for 2 weeks while they trouble shot a problem. The truck was dirty so the dealer washed it. I was still dirty after the wash (bugs on windshield, soap scum, didnt even touch the roof and water spots.) So they washed it again same thing, a third try same thing. So service writer has them detail it OMG :hairpull the detailers scratched and swirled my entire truck and it still has waterspots. They detail again still swirled, scratched and waterspotted. They want to send it to the body shop for a colorsand and buff. What should I have them do Or should I not have them touch it. and see if a professional detailer in my area can fix it. IM really :wall I only washed this thing early in the morning, I use a 100 cotton chamille wash mit, 100% cotton towels to dry it. Wash towells rinse twice and dry with no fabric softener I have kept her spot and swirl free. Now they screwed it up help.

6robert2

Accumulator
08-20-2005, 09:21 AM
6Robert2- Welcome to Autopia!

Sorry to hear what happened to your truck! If I were you, I wouldn`t let their bodyshop guys touch it. I`d find a professional detailer who knows what they`re doing (easier said than done, be careful who you pick) and have the dealership pick up the tab.

White95Max
08-20-2005, 09:27 AM
I second Accumulator`s idea. Stupid dealership detailers. Although I`m considering working at the Mazda dealership here... :o I`d probably be the only one that knows what I`m doing.

JeffM
08-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Where are you located?

there might be help for you yet !

Dont let anyone you cant verify touch it, your better off fixing it yourself.

And tell them to send thier detailer here for some "pointers" hahaha, they can start out in the 101 folder.

6Robert2
08-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Im located in West Covina, California

SpoiledMan
08-20-2005, 11:57 AM
www.superiorshine.com

Joe is your man!!