PDA

View Full Version : Best Engine Gloss

topgunrcf
08-20-2005, 04:23 AM
Would like to know the Best Engine Gloss, other than Armor all

Reflections1
08-20-2005, 05:23 AM
Are you talking about a spray type laquer made for engines or are you talking about an alternate dressing other than armor all. I would think if its the alternate dressing than any dressing will be fine. I personally use Automagic dress it right. Its a nice level of shine (not too little, not too much) and is very economical to be used on engines and wheel wells. I like to use cheap dressings for these chores since its not really seen as much but when it is, It gives a noticable look of a fresh detail.

klnyc
08-20-2005, 05:26 AM
Hyper Dressing by Meg.

jfelbab
08-20-2005, 05:30 AM
Would like to know the Best Engine Gloss, other than Armor all

I like CD2 Engine Detailer. It is resin based and dries hard and non-oily.

RobDon
08-20-2005, 08:08 AM
Meguiars Engine Kote?

stilez
08-21-2005, 08:56 AM
Meguiar`s Hyper Dressing works pretty well, but you have to wipe it down after 10 minutes otherwise everything will stick to it.

drewski59
08-21-2005, 11:11 AM
I like CD2 Engine Detailer. It is resin based and dries hard and non-oily.

Ditto. It`s my favorite, too.

:xyxthumbs

Pats300zx
08-21-2005, 11:22 AM
CD2...nuff said... :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

jimmybuffit
08-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Malco`s APPEAL. Water based.

Spray the engine, close the hood. Work.

Come back in an hour... Wow

We won "Best Engine Bay" at the Mazda National in St Louis with this product.

Jim

stilez
08-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Jim: What do you cut the APPEAL to? Any places available online you`d reccomend?

jimmybuffit
08-21-2005, 05:50 PM
One part Appeal, and two parts water.

It is our `go to` dressing for everything except tires and wheel wells.

While, yes, it is great in the engine bay, we like it on all interior (hard) surfaces.

Leaves a low luster finish; parts look fresh and new, but not `shiney`.

Malco is in Barbeton, OH. I dunno about online stuff from them. I hve a route driver who stops by every two weeks. I particularly like their:

Leather and Plastic Cleaner (Quite strong, cut it 1:1 with water) Good for stubborn, dirty leather seats.

TRUE GRIT This is the most aggressive compound we have in the shop. We use it with rotary and a big ol` honkin wool pad (old school - really works) Fixes 1500 grit sanding marks, and really cleans up a 10 year old paint that has been neglected. Expect some swirls -you`ll have to go back over every surface with a fine polish. If True Grit doesn`t get it, we either STOP, or resort to wetsanding...

SapSucker Great for Tree Sap. Allow it to dwell - be sure to use MF towels when rubbing to remove!

A quality line, but I certainly have not tried all their stuff .

When I was starting out (not so long go) I found that the frequent visits from the route salesman were quite helpful in my education, and actual problem solving.

Jim

stilez
08-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks a bunch Jim. I will definately take your word on this. As stated above, Hyper Dressing becomes a bit gooey/tacky after applied and requires a definite wipedown.