PDA

View Full Version : nxt tech wax or cleaner wax?

Pages : [1] 2

archeaven
08-19-2005, 02:05 PM
which wax should i apply to my car? meguiars nxt tech wax or the meguiars cleaner wax? or both?

Way2SSlow
08-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Personally I really like the look of NXT. NXT has some cleaning ability and hides defects well. I`d try them both and see which one you like the looks of better.

FN New Guy
08-19-2005, 02:38 PM
I just recently used NXT for the first time on a car with rough paint. As a regular Zaino user, I must say I was very impressed. Not sure how long it lasts, can`t be much less than the cleaner wax lasts.

Alfisti
08-19-2005, 04:19 PM
I just recently used NXT for the first time on a car with rough paint. As a regular Zaino user, I must say I was very impressed.

IMO, NXT has more of a Zaino look like FX. Appearance wise, NXT looks better than their cleaner wax.

Not sure how long it lasts, can`t be much less than the cleaner wax lasts.

Yes it can! ;)

wannafbody
08-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Get Mothers Reflections-it holds its look longer.

Alfisti
08-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Yes it does. I`m trialling both on my new car.

I just applied both Reflections and FX to half of my new Toyota Camry Altise - which is a funny metallic reddish orange-brown colour, called Simpson Red. Not my favourite, but the best I can do with a company car.

Here`s a poor quality photo I found online of the same car and colour:

http://photos.carsales.com.au/3293417.jpg

I did the right half with Reflections and the left half with FX. On this colour I prefer the FX look when its overcast - which it is most of the time, since its winter here. It brings out the red more, whilst Reflections brings out the brown.

But when its sunny, I like the Reflections look - it looks more maroon, whilst the FX looks more orangey.

The lesson is that both look very different, and appeal differently depending on colour. But both are beautifully shiny without looking plasticky or vitreous.

Alfisti
08-19-2005, 07:10 PM
FX is more NXT`s direct equivalent. I found both FX and Reflections (without Top Coat) share similar durability.

I recently put NXT x 2 on a gorgeous red XK120 and it looked the best I`ve ever seen it. Even the owner (who`s very fussy) was gob-smacked. On this colour, NXT looked the best. Mind you, I haven`t tried FX and Reflections on it yet.

White95Max
08-19-2005, 09:44 PM
If it`s your first time waxing your car, I`d use the cleaner wax first, and then top it with NXT. You could even top that with #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax if you want.

Don
08-19-2005, 10:03 PM
If it`s your first time waxing your car, I`d use the cleaner wax first, and then top it with NXT. You could even top that with #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax if you want.

I agree, you`ll get better end results if you use the cleaner wax first, then top with the NXT

imported_mirrorfinishman
08-20-2005, 08:00 AM

Sounds like very good advice!

Reflections1
08-20-2005, 10:06 AM
I like the NXT as a synthetic wax. I recently posted about NXT and then after a few days I topped it with P21S. I cant preach on why it looked better but it did make it so much more deeper, wetter and darker. Im sure it was a combo of both products.

JeffM
08-20-2005, 10:06 AM
Skip the cleaner wax, buy some ColorX if you have never polished or cleaned the paint, top with TW Ultimate gloss whatever...the green bottle.

Terran
08-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Skip the cleaner wax, buy some ColorX if you have never polished or cleaned the paint, top with TW Ultimate gloss whatever...the green bottle.

Megs Color-x is a cleaner wax isn`t it?

Don
08-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Megs Color-x is a cleaner wax isn`t it?

Here are a few quotes from Mike P during his Bronco II extreme makeover w/ Color-X (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88&highlight=bronco+II)

ColorX is an extra strength cleaner/wax which will restore the color to any finish by cleaning and removing defects, oxidation, dirt build-up in the paint, as wells as general degradation.

The protection component of ColorX is both a blend of synthetic polymer and Carnauba waxes.

If you want to take it to a higher lever, then applying a coat of NXT Tech Wax, by hand or with the PC should increase the clearness and gloss even more.

DJ Trackie
08-20-2005, 11:18 PM
I second the ColorX...one of Meg`s most underated products. It has stronger chemical cleaners and it doesnt stain trim like mad like the regular cleaner wax does.

I used ColorX today, and it was better than expected. Goes on smooth and comes off easy.