PDA

View Full Version : Nattys on top of EXP???

Mik
01-11-2005, 09:27 PM
I have purchased some poosrboys products that I plan to evaluate on a number of different vehicles. So far, I have only used the product on my own white GTR.

My process was as follows:

Wash and dry
Clay
SSR2.5 with orange cutting pad and PC (only on areas with swirls)
SSR1 with white LC polishing pad
PWC with white LC polishing pad
EX-P with black LC finihsing pad

I was planning to top the EX-P with nattys, but I`m not too sure whether I should or not. The finish looks fantastic as it is...I`m concerned that it may look worse with the Nattys. What would be the advantage of topping with Nattys? Is it okay to use EXP as the LSP?

Also, would I have been better off using PP instead of the PWC?

Thanks in advance

holland_patrick
01-12-2005, 02:55 AM
it should be fine if you want to leave it like that If you want to you can layer up the EX-P a few times then place the natty`s on I like the look of natty`s but once you put it on that has to be your LSP till you polish again

Poorboy
01-12-2005, 08:41 AM
:yeah It`ll look great...awd330 uses that combo on her car and when she thinks her car looks dirty, most people are saying she`s :crazy since it`s cleaner than everyone elses:)

Mik
01-12-2005, 04:13 PM
So you reckon I should put the natty`s on top steve?

Poorboy
01-12-2005, 05:33 PM
I think you`ll like it even more with the Natty`s:)

Mik
01-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Thanks...I`ll give it a go when I get some work out of the way.

Also...would I have been better off using the porffessional Polish rather than the PWC?

Poorboy
01-12-2005, 09:56 PM
either one is fine..the PwC will give more of a glossy look , the PP will give it a clearer brighter look...that`s personal preferance

Fallguy
01-15-2005, 01:55 PM
I`ve got EXP (a few layer`s ) and topped with Natty`s on my silver Stang GT....it look`s awsome IMO !!

jay
01-15-2005, 02:20 PM
i just used the nattys on top of exp and it added more depth as opposed to shine but i liked it very well.