PDA

View Full Version : Combining Carnuba and Liquid Waxes

muscleknight
08-18-2005, 10:44 AM
I tried a search first and didn`t get any hits so I will post here. Has anyone combined carnuba wax and liquid wax? I was thinking about for my next wax on my car doing this:

1. Wash and Dry Car

2. Clean Panel with detailer, clay bar, then Polish with PC

3. Remove Polish

4. Clean Panel with detailer again

5. Apply liquid wax with PC

6. Apply carnuba wax by hand

7. Go over panel with PC

8. Remove wax from panel

9. Clean panel with detailer

10. Goto next panel and repeat 2-9 above.

Is it worth it to combine the 2 if anyone has done it?

Big Leegr
08-18-2005, 01:29 PM
I`m guessing you are assuming all carnauba waxes are paste. This is not true. Not all pastes are carnauba, not all carnaubas are paste. (Some liquids have carnauba as well.)

Your steps (if you are removing the wax from step 5 before applying the wax in step 6) are done by a few people on the board. Often it`s something like Liquid Souveran topped with Paste Souveran. Some people find the look more pleasing to them than either one alone, some don`t find it to be worth their effort. It`s up to you to decide if you like it.

If you apply the step 5 then apply the step 6 right over top, I don`t think you`ll get as good of results as if you remove each step`s application. The only product line that I`ve heard you can apply one product over another without first removing the first one in is Autoglym, but I haven`t tried this method myself. And this is after working the first one in properly, then applying the second product to the haze, not applying both products and working them in together.

But if you feel up to it, try it and tell us what results you got! ;)