PDA

View Full Version : Missing step in detailing....GLAZE

Pages : [1] 2 3

DM101
08-18-2005, 05:56 AM
Everyone likes to polish then wax or seal their car. But a step people forget is the use of a glaze. It will make your car shineyer and give it a boost. I like RED MOOSE GLAZE or MEG NO 7 Show Car Glaze before adding that coat of wax or sealant. What glaze do you like???????

Richt
08-18-2005, 06:01 AM
Red Machine Glaze is my go to at the moment as its so easy to use.

klnyc
08-18-2005, 06:02 AM
I know what you mean, but glaze(some of them) contain oiler and filers. That can cause some LSP side affect. My 2 cents.

I still have 1 qt of #80(un-open) and will to give up.

DM101
08-18-2005, 06:12 AM
I know what you mean, but glaze(some of them) contain oiler and filers. That can cause some LSP side affect. My 2 cents.

I still have 1 qt of #80(un-open) and will to give up.

What kind of side effect do you have with the LSP`s????

klnyc
08-18-2005, 06:35 AM
My lsp doesnt stick too well (oil i bet) And plus, glaze once it`s been wash off, you see swirl/marring come back and hunt you.

EDIT: Now, I use RMG only ;)

Accumulator
08-18-2005, 08:12 AM
Yeah, I don`t mind using a glaze on a vehicle that I can`t get perfect (marring-wise) for some reason, usually too-thin clearcoat, but if I can do the prep properly I don`t need one. And products like UPP and KSG won`t bond properly to many things.

On single stage, yeah, no argument. But on b/c I`d rather use a different approach if I can.

J.J.
08-18-2005, 09:35 AM
As a daily driver of a black vehicle, RMG is by far the best investment I`ve made.

JJ

imported_DennisH
08-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Everyone likes to polish then wax or seal their car. But a step people forget is the use of a glaze. It will make your car shineyer and give it a boost. I like RED MOOSE GLAZE or MEG NO 7 Show Car Glaze before adding that coat of wax or sealant. What glaze do you like???????

I was also using #7 but recently switched to Red Moose Glaze. I also use PB 2.5, PB 1.0 polish and AIO/Souveran on my black show car that gets driven couple thousands mile a year. After driving 50 or 100 miles to a cruise in or show we end clean up the car, which produces small swirls and marring. If I didn’t use a glaze then I would be polishing every few weeks or I would have to lower my standards and just except some small swirls. All the nasty oils and fillers just extend the amount of time between polishing. I`m really starting to like RMG!!!!

krwaxbz
08-18-2005, 05:48 PM
What is RMG?

krwaxbz

imported_Bence
08-18-2005, 06:27 PM
RMG=Red Machine Glaze.

I like also Finish Kare`s 303, and the original Mothers S&G.

Oh, I almost forgot: I use a lot of 1Z Wax Finish OS.

JasonD
08-18-2005, 06:36 PM
I agree with everyone here, sure a glaze can certainly enhance the looks of a non-perfect finish, but if you take your time and polish correctly, you usually don`t need it. I`d rather get rid of the imperfections permanently than keep having them pop up after a while. Granted, in a jam, glazes can be a beautiful thing, but I`d still rather take my time and do it right.

klnyc
08-18-2005, 07:16 PM
You`re right about that, I bought 16oz of it. Man, its kinda suck, after one wash its all gone. :scared:

atticdog
08-18-2005, 07:17 PM
glazes wash off even when waxed over?

JasonD
08-18-2005, 07:26 PM
Sure, if your wax washes off first. The glaze/wax combo looks magnificent but doesn`t last very long at all.

Scottwax
08-18-2005, 09:38 PM
The one thing I really like about Optimum Polish is I don`t "have" to follow with a glaze before waxing. I sometimes do on black paint though and will go with RMG, VM or PwC. Detailer`s Pride Final Finishing Polish is also really good. The look is very similar to how Optimum finishes down.