PDA

View Full Version : Hazing..but worse?

qwik5o
08-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Okay, today was the first time I ever really got at it with the PC and so therefore I have no experience.

I used SSR2.5 and an Excel Yellow.

Now, I noticed this at night, there are random batches of hazyness. There are like a bunch of variously shaped sections of haze.

My car is black so it is quite obvious, althought I did not notice this at daytime.

Do you think I messed it up or should I try and polish this out with a milder pad/product combo? :angry

imported_Picus
08-18-2005, 05:54 AM
You didn`t mess up. Odds are it`s just hazing and you need to polish it out with a less abrasive polish. In the past I`ve always followed SSR2.5 with SSR1/polishing pad and it removes any hazing.

J.J.
08-18-2005, 09:41 AM
Anytime you use SSR 2.5 with a really aggressive pad, such as the yellow, it is best to follw with SSR 2.5 and a green polishing pad. THis will remove any hazing you find. If you step down to SSR 1, most likely your hazing will be better but not eliminated.

JJ

qwik5o
08-19-2005, 08:50 PM
Awesome, had me worried. I wish I would have noticed this before I topped it with everything..poo.

White95Max
08-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Yeah 2.5 and a yellow pad will almost always leave hazing on darker colors. I`d follow up with SSR2/green, but if you don`t have SSR2, I`d go with 2.5/green, or 2.5/blue.

imported_Picus
08-20-2005, 09:00 AM
I did my car yesterday. Same issue as you, SSR2.5+cutting pad left some serious hazing. I followed it with SSR+polishing pad and it finished up really nicely. Didn`t take very long, either, since I only had to do one pass. Good luck!