PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Polish vs Menzerna System???

Pages : [1] 2

Moe
08-17-2005, 04:48 AM
Between Optimum Polish and/or Optimum Ccompound and Menzerna System, which one do you prefer in terms of ease of use and final finish appearance (depth/gloss/clarity)?

SVR
08-17-2005, 04:55 AM
Have only used optimum polish, not compound and not done that much testing of it and I still like the menzerna system however optimum is a great product

The way that menzerna burnishes the paint, providing a swirl free dripping wet mirror finish with zero flaws is why I use it mostly although I have a stack of polishes and like them all for certain applications

6']['9
08-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Ease of use~Optimum polish i havent tried the compound but im still stuck on my menzerna. i just use the OCP after i use my menzerna.

usdm
08-17-2005, 07:21 PM
OCP gives great resuls for me most of the time. But

I don`t find it quite as effective by itself as the one-two

punch from Powergloss (or) IP, and FPII. But I do find that

it gives a nice finish almost comparable to FPII by itself.

porta
08-18-2005, 12:46 AM
If you got Menzerna Powergloss, Intensive Polish, Final Finish and PO85RD you will get a superslick finish.I´ll promise.

DM101
08-18-2005, 05:59 AM
I have not used Opt. but PO85RD is the trick!!!!! Super cleaner and makes you car shine!!!!!!!!

J.J.
08-18-2005, 09:39 AM
The mightytimmah and myself conducted an experiment the other day on my black SUV and decided that OP produces a shine that is equal to that of PO85RD. The difference that could have been there is not worth the extra money you pay for the Menzerna PO85.

JJ

Ron Harris
08-18-2005, 07:11 PM
The Menzerna line can produce the same results as the Optimum products. However cost clean up and overall ease of use makes me recomend the Optimum.

klnyc
08-18-2005, 07:19 PM
OP, doenst gum out that easy and sunny day friendly :D

IP, get dusty some time(depend the weather wise). I love both,but OP its my go-to.

Moe
08-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks guys. How about OP`s ability to rejuvenate the surface like removing swirls, light scratches and oxidation? Menzerna line starts with aggressive compound like Power Gloss, can OPC or OPP performs the same? Many thanks.

usdm
08-18-2005, 10:57 PM
Thanks guys. How about OP`s ability to rejuvenate the surface like removing swirls, light scratches and oxidation? Menzerna line starts with aggressive compound like Power Gloss, can OPC or OPP performs the same? Many thanks.

OCP will remove oxidation as well as knock down swirl marks. The pad

used will decide how well and completely the swirls or oxidation are removed.

Admittedly, I have had some occasions where even with a wool pad, I

could not get OCP to do what I needed. In those cases, I will use PG, and

then followup with either OCP or FPII. If the Optimum compound does

as well as I am reading, then I`ll have my solution in just two bottles instead

of four.

klnyc
08-19-2005, 05:56 AM
Yeah, I want to see some review on the OP Compound(OPC). Anyone tried?

SVR
08-19-2005, 02:19 PM
The Menzerna line can produce the same results as the Optimum products. However cost clean up and overall ease of use makes me recomend the Optimum.

Menzerna is easy as ABC to clean up. Depending on how you do it, you may get some compound dust but that`s easily removed with damp MF and comparing that to 3M line and so many others puts it way ahead of anything

I will say this though, the optimum polish is a very nice product and it`s great having a product that can do multiple tasks, I really like it

However I don`t go with one brand over another, I just buy them all and come up with a plan of what products to use on the particular car and it`s hardly ever the same except the last couple steps - I always finish with either VM, RMG and YCW and sometimes all three in that order

Off topic a bit - what speed is best for new DP final finishing polish.

Guessing an edge classic white or blue pad

JeffM
08-19-2005, 02:26 PM
I like to use speed 4 initially, then 5 to finish it off.

But i think you could just jump to 6 without any problems, its a really nice and workable polish, and breaks down effortlessly.

SVR
08-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Sorry - should have mentioned I use rotary, no PC`s here in oz as far as I know.

JBM - your in a good area, not far from 4 star, premium auto care and autogeek.