PDA

View Full Version : Floor mats in the dishwasher?

viasevenvai
08-16-2005, 01:06 PM
So I was cleaning my floor mats and was getting frustrated with my shampooer. Ended up taking the floor mats into the bathtub and washing them that way.

Anyone think putting all 4 floor mats into the dishwasher and letting the machine clean them is a bad idea? Maybe even put carpet cleaner in the dishwasher? errr maybe stick with dish cleaner....cause of sudds maybe?

i feel like i`m on to something here.

people put hats in the dishwasher with no problem.

viasevenvai
08-16-2005, 01:06 PM
So I was cleaning my floor mats and was getting frustrated with my shampooer. Ended up taking the floor mats into the bathtub and washing them that way.

Anyone think putting all 4 floor mats into the dishwasher and letting the machine clean them is a bad idea? Maybe even put carpet cleaner in the dishwasher? errr maybe stick with dish cleaner....cause of sudds maybe?

i feel like i`m on to something here.

people put hats in the dishwasher with no problem.

Bill D
08-16-2005, 01:16 PM
I`ve heard it for wire wheel covers but not floor mats. :nixweiss

HotRodGuy
08-16-2005, 01:18 PM
i put floor mats in the washing machine

viasevenvai
08-16-2005, 05:02 PM
oh cool, ya it makes sense. I think i`m going to try it next time around. The washing in my bathtub was ok. I thought I had them prefectly clean but when I smelled the floor mats they smelled of something bad, not strong, but a small smell was there.

i used Tide (laundry detergent) as a substitute for carpet cleaner, that might have been the problem.

Reflections1
08-17-2005, 09:00 AM
go to a coin operated laundramat. use the machine used for large loads. put in some APC and let it cycle through twice(2nd time with just water) A word of advice... find a 24 hour laundramat. i do all of my microfibers in the late hours because of the wax smell. some laundramats dont like that kind of thing.