PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Grand am and claying

03SilverDak
08-16-2005, 08:08 AM
ok here we go. my moms GM was in a accident. my STUPID father and yes STUPID. took the car to macco (spelling). I told him not too :hairpull . well I was looking at the car and it has bad overpray on the headlights. I was wondering if I could clay it to get the overspray off the plastic lenses? I am going to prob clay the whole car and try to get the paint looking half way decent. how bad macco was. when I was cleaning the throttle body. I found a 14 MM deep end socket in the air box. asked my mom and she said I was trying to figure out what that rittle was lol. my mom said if my father ever says macco again . she will kill him :lol

03SilverDak
08-16-2005, 08:08 AM
ok here we go. my moms GM was in a accident. my STUPID father and yes STUPID. took the car to macco (spelling). I told him not too :hairpull . well I was looking at the car and it has bad overpray on the headlights. I was wondering if I could clay it to get the overspray off the plastic lenses? I am going to prob clay the whole car and try to get the paint looking half way decent. how bad macco was. when I was cleaning the throttle body. I found a 14 MM deep end socket in the air box. asked my mom and she said I was trying to figure out what that rittle was lol. my mom said if my father ever says macco again . she will kill him :lol

Accumulator
08-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Clay will probably work on the overspray, if not you could clean the headlights with a solvent (just don`t get it on the rest of the paint!).

Be careful claying/polishing/etc. as the paint won`t attain full hardness for a while. And use a fresh-paint-safe product for the first couple of months (I always wait at least 90 days).

Accumulator
08-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Clay will probably work on the overspray, if not you could clean the headlights with a solvent (just don`t get it on the rest of the paint!).

Be careful claying/polishing/etc. as the paint won`t attain full hardness for a while. And use a fresh-paint-safe product for the first couple of months (I always wait at least 90 days).

03SilverDak
08-16-2005, 10:17 AM
the car been fixed for about 6 months I think. I just wanted to make sure I could use clay on the plastic headlights. I heard not to clay on some plastics. thanks for the help

03SilverDak
08-16-2005, 10:17 AM
the car been fixed for about 6 months I think. I just wanted to make sure I could use clay on the plastic headlights. I heard not to clay on some plastics. thanks for the help