PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP with new Jet Black Bimmer

Pages : [1] 2 3

spartacus_33
08-16-2005, 07:40 AM
Good morning... I`m new to Autopia. I`ve done some research on bimmerfest.com... they have instructed me to go to the experts... (that would be you :D ).

I have some minor etching that is either from water spots or (sigh) maybe clear coat damage from the salt spray in Germany last February. I picked up a 2005 Jet Black BMW 545.

I`ve been researching Klasse, Zaino, Menzerna products.

I`m reluctant to use a clay bar and also reluctant to use a wheel.

Any suggestions?

I`ve heard that Klasse and Menzerna are both hard to buff off by hand.

Thanks,

Spartacus_33 :up

spartacus_33
08-16-2005, 07:40 AM
Good morning... I`m new to Autopia. I`ve done some research on bimmerfest.com... they have instructed me to go to the experts... (that would be you :D ).

I have some minor etching that is either from water spots or (sigh) maybe clear coat damage from the salt spray in Germany last February. I picked up a 2005 Jet Black BMW 545.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

drewski59
08-16-2005, 08:01 AM
:bigups

I have some minor etching that is either from water spots or (sigh) maybe clear coat damage from the salt spray in Germany last February. I picked up a new 2005 Jet Black BMW 545.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Welcome to Autopia! :wavey

Nice car! Don`t be reluctant to clay. You`ll be surprised at what`s `stuck` on the paint :shocked Also, by `wheel` I`m guessing you mean a random orbital polisher. Invest in one of those as soon as possible(around here we like the Porter Cable models). It`s one of the most rewarding and safe investments in detailing you can make. Especially with a Jet Black car, you`ll really need one!

As for products, Mezerna makes fine polishes. Easy to use and nice results! I`d stay away from the new Klasse products for now. Verdict`s not in on durability yet. Mezerna will work if you choose to go the Zaino route. For maximum protection, you can`t beat the Zaino system. I`ve been a delighted user for a couple years now.

I hope this helps!

drewski59
08-16-2005, 08:01 AM
:bigups

I have some minor etching that is either from water spots or (sigh) maybe clear coat damage from the salt spray in Germany last February. I picked up a new 2005 Jet Black BMW 545.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Welcome to Autopia! :wavey

Nice car! Don`t be reluctant to clay. You`ll be surprised at what`s `stuck` on the paint :shocked Also, by `wheel` I`m guessing you mean a random orbital polisher. Invest in one of those as soon as possible(around here we like the Porter Cable models). It`s one of the most rewarding and safe investments in detailing you can make. Especially with a Jet Black car, you`ll really need one!

As for products, Mezerna makes fine polishes. Easy to use and nice results! I`d stay away from the new Klasse products for now. Verdict`s not in on durability yet. Mezerna will work if you choose to go the Zaino route. For maximum protection, you can`t beat the Zaino system. I`ve been a delighted user for a couple years now.

I hope this helps!

spree
08-16-2005, 08:56 AM
You`ll definitely want to get yourself a Porter Cable. They`re safe to use and really help.

Menzerna makes some great stuff, but my new polish of choice is Optimum Polish.

spree
08-16-2005, 08:56 AM
You`ll definitely want to get yourself a Porter Cable. They`re safe to use and really help.

Menzerna makes some great stuff, but my new polish of choice is Optimum Polish.

4830Deuce
08-16-2005, 10:28 AM
PLEASE buy a PC and some clay...A novice can use both with great results! claybar is impossible to mess up if you just make sure you have enough lube. ;) same with the PC, It is nearly impossible to mess up paint with a little common sense! BELIEVE me you will not regret getting either and once you do use them you will wonder how you could have ever lived with out them!

4830Deuce
08-16-2005, 10:28 AM
PLEASE buy a PC and some clay...A novice can use both with great results! claybar is impossible to mess up if you just make sure you have enough lube. ;) same with the PC, It is nearly impossible to mess up paint with a little common sense! BELIEVE me you will not regret getting either and once you do use them you will wonder how you could have ever lived with out them!

holland_patrick
08-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Maybe you want to post in the right forum it would get better traffic

holland_patrick
08-16-2005, 11:05 AM

spartacus_33
08-16-2005, 12:40 PM

I posted here initially because it`s entitled "Detailing Product discussion". Initially my post was in reference to what products would people recommend for Jet Black.

Any rules on this site for "double posting"? :nono

What other forum would you suggest?

spartacus_33
08-16-2005, 12:40 PM

I posted here initially because it`s entitled "Detailing Product discussion". Initially my post was in reference to what products would people recommend for Jet Black.

spartacus_33
08-16-2005, 12:45 PM

BTW... I`m leaning more towards purchasing a Porter-Cable now, but am no closer to deciding between Zaino, or Klasse or Menzerna products. :think: I`ve been at this now for about a week, very interesting...... I`m just being cautious. I would be so pi$$ed if I screwed up the paint on my new baby.

spartacus_33
08-16-2005, 12:45 PM

BTW... I`m leaning more towards purchasing a Porter-Cable now, but am no closer to deciding between Zaino, or Klasse or Menzerna products. :think: I`ve been at this now for about a week, very interesting...... I`m just being cautious. I would be so pi$$ed if I screwed up the paint on my new baby.

JeffM
08-16-2005, 01:12 PM
You wont screw it up with a pc, some common sense, and a polishing pad. Keep the pads off of head lights.

That said, you should clay, and i personally would buy UPP instead of the Menz.

But Zaino is really giving me excellent results right now, and it stays looking that way months after you apply it.

Zaino doesnt stain trim either. Not that the others do, but i try not to use any products that stain trim FWIW.