PDA

View Full Version : Identifying Pads

kiaser
08-15-2005, 10:27 PM
I have some assorted pads mostly purchased from Tropi-Care (Orange fast-cut, Yellow medium cut, and black finish pad). But I also have a bunch of white foam pads that I purchased a long time ago and cannot remember where they were from or what they were to be used for (abrasives, polishing, or finishing).

So my question is, how can you identify what a pad would be good for? Here`s a breakdown of my pads and how they feel...

Orange Pad = Very stiff and coarse surface

Yellow Pad = Slightly stiff and coarse surface

Black Pad = Very soft and semi-smooth surface

Now my un-identified white pads are a little different. First of all the white pads are stiff and I`d say would fall in between the orange and yellow pads as far as a comparison of how stuff. But the surface of the white pads are very smooth, far smoother than the black pad.

White Pad = Moderately stiff and very smooth surface

What would this type of pad be good for? Is using your finger to rub across the surface of the pad a good test to find the coarseness or smoothness of the pad? Does how stiff the pad is make a difference as well?

kiaser
08-15-2005, 10:27 PM
I have some assorted pads mostly purchased from Tropi-Care (Orange fast-cut, Yellow medium cut, and black finish pad). But I also have a bunch of white foam pads that I purchased a long time ago and cannot remember where they were from or what they were to be used for (abrasives, polishing, or finishing).

So my question is, how can you identify what a pad would be good for? Here`s a breakdown of my pads and how they feel...

Orange Pad = Very stiff and coarse surface

Yellow Pad = Slightly stiff and coarse surface

Black Pad = Very soft and semi-smooth surface

Now my un-identified white pads are a little different. First of all the white pads are stiff and I`d say would fall in between the orange and yellow pads as far as a comparison of how stuff. But the surface of the white pads are very smooth, far smoother than the black pad.

White Pad = Moderately stiff and very smooth surface

What would this type of pad be good for? Is using your finger to rub across the surface of the pad a good test to find the coarseness or smoothness of the pad? Does how stiff the pad is make a difference as well?

jetskie
08-16-2005, 12:07 PM
They are probably LC pads which are a polishing pad. Use for final polish like #80 or FPII. Can be use for cleaner waxes, oxidation removal with light compounds #2, light swril removal. A good general purpose pad.

jetskie
08-16-2005, 12:07 PM
They are probably LC pads which are a polishing pad. Use for final polish like #80 or FPII. Can be use for cleaner waxes, oxidation removal with light compounds #2, light swril removal. A good general purpose pad.