PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Ferrari Testarossa detail! yay!

AndrewSS
08-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey guys, this also happens to be my first post ever here... Well this is a customer car, i have been detailing out my garage for about a 1.5yrs (im 18 with parents) i consider my detailing skill pretty high, my interior work is great (IMHO) but i feel that my exterior work, although good, i definatly need help with my skills at getting bad swirling and blemishes out... i probably have the products to do the job (lol) but i just havnt gotten a portercable yet :scared: :hairpull

Anyway, heres the detail:

The ferrari`s finish has a lot of swirling and surface blemishes, it was kinda dull... well it lacked a lot of depth.

Exterior:

Wash - P21S green auto wash

No clay... (could have used it i suppose but i decided not to...)

Spot surface containamate removal with 3m general adhesive remover (just a few places)

Wash again at areas hit with adhesive remover

3M imperal hand glaze, added depth and gloss... too bad i dont have a PC to take care of the swirling :furious: :think:

Wax - P21S Concours look

Tires - Harly tire nu

Interior:

Vacuum (carpets cleaned with spray stuff)

Spot clean with rags and some water (with a little P21s citrus degreaser)

Lexol leather conditioner

Wurth glass cleaning

Engine:

P21s citrus degreaser and water spray

spot brush and wipedown

Overall i think it looked good and was a great detail... it just sucks that i cant deal with the swirling, etc... i really need a PC!!! Its on my list, the only other machines i have are is the Vac N Blo vacuum (its GREAT) and a steamer for the carpets...

Anyway thanks for viewing and dont bash me too much for no PC! (althoug the hand glaze made the paint look great, good gloss and depth!

AndrewSS
08-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey guys, this also happens to be my first post ever here... Well this is a customer car, i have been detailing out my garage for about a 1.5yrs (im 18 with parents) i consider my detailing skill pretty high, my interior work is great (IMHO) but i feel that my exterior work, although good, i definatly need help with my skills at getting bad swirling and blemishes out... i probably have the products to do the job (lol) but i just havnt gotten a portercable yet :scared: :hairpull

Anyway, heres the detail:

The ferrari`s finish has a lot of swirling and surface blemishes, it was kinda dull... well it lacked a lot of depth.

Exterior:

Wash - P21S green auto wash

No clay... (could have used it i suppose but i decided not to...)

Spot surface containamate removal with 3m general adhesive remover (just a few places)

Wash again at areas hit with adhesive remover

3M imperal hand glaze, added depth and gloss... too bad i dont have a PC to take care of the swirling :furious: :think:

Wax - P21S Concours look

Tires - Harly tire nu

Interior:

Vacuum (carpets cleaned with spray stuff)

Spot clean with rags and some water (with a little P21s citrus degreaser)

Lexol leather conditioner

Wurth glass cleaning

Engine:

P21s citrus degreaser and water spray

spot brush and wipedown

Overall i think it looked good and was a great detail... it just sucks that i cant deal with the swirling, etc... i really need a PC!!! Its on my list, the only other machines i have are is the Vac N Blo vacuum (its GREAT) and a steamer for the carpets...

Anyway thanks for viewing and dont bash me too much for no PC! (althoug the hand glaze made the paint look great, good gloss and depth!

AndrewSS
08-15-2005, 09:51 PM
more pix

isnt that a great engine! flat-12!!!

AndrewSS
08-15-2005, 09:51 PM
more pix

isnt that a great engine! flat-12!!!

papi_jay
08-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Nice detail and I just now realized how great the stereo imaging looks in Testarossas ..

The polished glass is the icing on the Rossa Cake imho

papi_jay
08-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Nice detail and I just now realized how great the stereo imaging looks in Testarossas ..

The polished glass is the icing on the Rossa Cake imho

BillyBarou
08-16-2005, 05:00 AM
Would have liked to see what Souveran could do to that red. :)

BillyBarou
08-16-2005, 05:00 AM
Would have liked to see what Souveran could do to that red. :)

imported_Aurora40
08-16-2005, 01:02 PM
What year is that? From the side-view mirrors, I`d guess around 1990ish? While I think that car is awesome looking, those interiors from the 80`s and 90`s always disappoint me...

imported_Aurora40
08-16-2005, 01:02 PM
What year is that? From the side-view mirrors, I`d guess around 1990ish? While I think that car is awesome looking, those interiors from the 80`s and 90`s always disappoint me...

AndrewSS
08-16-2005, 02:09 PM
its a 1991 if i remeber correctly