PDA

View Full Version : What reasons would keep you from QDing w/ Z6 between washings?

sillystanger
08-15-2005, 09:42 PM
My car has several coats of Z5/Z2/Z8 and it`s garage-kept over night. I wash about every other week and inbetween, every couple days I just give it a QD with Z6 to remove the mild dirt/dust level thas has accumulated. I was wondering how you guys go about determing whether a car is too dirty for a QD (i.e. your concerned about creating scratches with whatever is laying on your car`s surface.) I mean, do you guys make a determinatin of whether the dust is a larger particulate (i.e. more abrassive in nature)? Do you do anything like take a leafblower or shopvac to it first in an attempt to blow off any abrasive type particles?

Right now I just lightly wipe my finger across different areas of the paint and if I feel just a light film of dust I go ahead an QD.

sillystanger
08-15-2005, 09:42 PM
My car has several coats of Z5/Z2/Z8 and it`s garage-kept over night. I wash about every other week and inbetween, every couple days I just give it a QD with Z6 to remove the mild dirt/dust level thas has accumulated. I was wondering how you guys go about determing whether a car is too dirty for a QD (i.e. your concerned about creating scratches with whatever is laying on your car`s surface.) I mean, do you guys make a determinatin of whether the dust is a larger particulate (i.e. more abrassive in nature)? Do you do anything like take a leafblower or shopvac to it first in an attempt to blow off any abrasive type particles?

Right now I just lightly wipe my finger across different areas of the paint and if I feel just a light film of dust I go ahead an QD.

dogma
08-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Get a Califorina Duster. I have a black car and it works awesome without scratching. When I do a QD wipe down I use Z8. Z6 is great ,but Z8 is awesome. As far a when , I use the duster everytime I drive my car so nothing has a chance to build up.

dogma
08-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Get a Califorina Duster. I have a black car and it works awesome without scratching. When I do a QD wipe down I use Z8. Z6 is great ,but Z8 is awesome. As far a when , I use the duster everytime I drive my car so nothing has a chance to build up.