PDA

View Full Version : OCW = slick Baby!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

AndyC_1
08-15-2005, 01:17 AM
Used OCW for the first time yesterday and mightily impressed. Adds slickness like few others (maybe UPP) and entire car waxed in less than 10 minutes. Did a second layer immediately (heck, why not?!) and is almost darkened the paint, giving a real glow.

I`ll post some pics this evening but I am very happy with this stuff :xyxthumbs

AndyC_1
08-15-2005, 01:17 AM
Used OCW for the first time yesterday and mightily impressed. Adds slickness like few others (maybe UPP) and entire car waxed in less than 10 minutes. Did a second layer immediately (heck, why not?!) and is almost darkened the paint, giving a real glow.

I`ll post some pics this evening but I am very happy with this stuff :xyxthumbs

imported_pugoman
08-15-2005, 02:45 AM
Just got myself a bottle of OCW delivered last week, but haven`t had a chance to try it yet.

What did you use beneath it? I`m probably gonna give my paintwork the once-over with AIO then treat it to OCW.

imported_pugoman
08-15-2005, 02:45 AM
Just got myself a bottle of OCW delivered last week, but haven`t had a chance to try it yet.

What did you use beneath it? I`m probably gonna give my paintwork the once-over with AIO then treat it to OCW.

AndyC_1
08-15-2005, 03:35 AM
Craig - I`d previously used Carlack & then a couple of coats of Signature so perhaps not ideal for applying OCW but it worked really well. You get a carnuaba like gloss/wetness but with the glow that UPP does for silver.

I think the Astra`s done pretty well TBH - clayed back in January, PB Pro by hand then and about a month ago I VMW HG`d it but she`s not been machine polished in over 20,000 miles and there`s a few swirls here & there.

Don;t you just lurve silver cars?!

AndyC_1
08-15-2005, 03:35 AM
Craig - I`d previously used Carlack & then a couple of coats of Signature so perhaps not ideal for applying OCW but it worked really well. You get a carnuaba like gloss/wetness but with the glow that UPP does for silver.

I think the Astra`s done pretty well TBH - clayed back in January, PB Pro by hand then and about a month ago I VMW HG`d it but she`s not been machine polished in over 20,000 miles and there`s a few swirls here & there.

Don;t you just lurve silver cars?!

RobDon
08-15-2005, 03:41 AM
OCW? Optimum car wax (spray)? Sounds good, says it has carnuba and sealant in it too, not anything bad about it yet, must get some as it sounds good for a quick shine.

RobDon
08-15-2005, 03:41 AM
OCW? Optimum car wax (spray)? Sounds good, says it has carnuba and sealant in it too, not anything bad about it yet, must get some as it sounds good for a quick shine.

AndyC_1
08-15-2005, 05:38 AM
It`s better than that IMHO - if the blurb on the bottle`s to be believed, it gives "up to 5 months" protection and the slickness is easily on a par with UPP or SG

AndyC_1
08-15-2005, 05:38 AM
It`s better than that IMHO - if the blurb on the bottle`s to be believed, it gives "up to 5 months" protection and the slickness is easily on a par with UPP or SG

Brazo
08-15-2005, 05:55 AM
Must resist :wall

I buy a load of products have just aboit worked out which ones I like and which I don`t and hey presto theres a laod of new products on the market :o

Brazo
08-15-2005, 05:55 AM
Must resist :wall

I buy a load of products have just aboit worked out which ones I like and which I don`t and hey presto theres a laod of new products on the market :o

imported_vindaloo
08-15-2005, 06:01 AM
Andy

Did you just spray on & wipe over with an MF as directed?

imported_vindaloo
08-15-2005, 06:01 AM
Andy

Did you just spray on & wipe over with an MF as directed?

AndyC_1
08-15-2005, 07:10 AM
Yup - too easy really. Used an Excel Detail MF (nice and soft) - sprayed OCW onto the panel sparingly and then buffed with MF. Towel was slightly damp when I finished the first coat, slightly damper after second so I followed up with a second towel and cleared up the minute amount of steaking.

Really nice, easy product - so much so that neighbours asked what I was doing using a spray type wax like they do, as they`re used to seeing me either PC/rotary in hand or with a tub of paste wax.

I`d offer a sample but the bottle`s sealed and I don`t want to risk breaking it. Certainly going to find out if it comes in bigger sizes as this will be my go to quick wax for customers.