PDA

View Full Version : How Often Should I Use Menzerna IP?

msanta
08-14-2005, 09:11 PM
I ordered Menzena IP and used it on my 2003 4runner with great results followed by Klasse SG, I got rid of most swirl marks and the truck looks great even after a few rain showers. Now, my question is, how often can I use Menzerna IP without compromising the clearcoat or damaging the paint in any way? I really love the results and would like to use it at least once a month, what`s your opinion? BTW, the paint is in great conditions.... :confused:

msanta
08-14-2005, 09:11 PM
I ordered Menzena IP and used it on my 2003 4runner with great results followed by Klasse SG, I got rid of most swirl marks and the truck looks great even after a few rain showers. Now, my question is, how often can I use Menzerna IP without compromising the clearcoat or damaging the paint in any way? I really love the results and would like to use it at least once a month, what`s your opinion? BTW, the paint is in great conditions.... :confused:

03k20a2
08-15-2005, 05:18 AM
they say to only polish your car 2-3 times a year. did you get menzerna final polish II, thats less abrasive than the intensive polish. as long as you keep your truck clean, you shouldnt have to polish it once a month

03k20a2
08-15-2005, 05:18 AM
they say to only polish your car 2-3 times a year. did you get menzerna final polish II, thats less abrasive than the intensive polish. as long as you keep your truck clean, you shouldnt have to polish it once a month

msanta
08-15-2005, 06:52 AM
I haven`t bought the Final Polish, I do keep my truck clean and is garaged mostly. Soi basically, I should just wax it monthly? I am looking to put something monthly to keep the paint looking its best while at the same time keeping it well protected from the elements. I was just thinking on using Klasse AIO as a monthly treatment from May through November( I live in NY,it gets really cold here in the winter).

msanta
08-15-2005, 06:52 AM
I haven`t bought the Final Polish, I do keep my truck clean and is garaged mostly. Soi basically, I should just wax it monthly? I am looking to put something monthly to keep the paint looking its best while at the same time keeping it well protected from the elements. I was just thinking on using Klasse AIO as a monthly treatment from May through November( I live in NY,it gets really cold here in the winter).

Accumulator
08-15-2005, 10:25 AM
About all I do on a monthly basis is refresh my LSP, with perhaps a *very* gentle spot-claying beforehand. With the vehicles I use KSG on (vehicle singular at present) I just add more KSG after each wash until I have about six layers on there, then just wash it for months on end. If you wash right, you shouldn`t have to repolish it for a long time.

AIO is a paint cleaner, and I wouldn`t want to clean off everything on my paint that often. Just add more KSG and use clay to make sure it`s going onto a clean surface. Use the clay with the idea of "cleaning the dirt off the existing SG" *not* "cleaning the existing SG off the paint".

Accumulator
08-15-2005, 10:25 AM
About all I do on a monthly basis is refresh my LSP, with perhaps a *very* gentle spot-claying beforehand. With the vehicles I use KSG on (vehicle singular at present) I just add more KSG after each wash until I have about six layers on there, then just wash it for months on end. If you wash right, you shouldn`t have to repolish it for a long time.

AIO is a paint cleaner, and I wouldn`t want to clean off everything on my paint that often. Just add more KSG and use clay to make sure it`s going onto a clean surface. Use the clay with the idea of "cleaning the dirt off the existing SG" *not* "cleaning the existing SG off the paint".

msanta
08-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Sorry for replying so late, I was away on vacation. That`s an excellent idea about using Klasse SG after washing to keep a good coat. I weill definitely do that instead...Thanks.