PDA

View Full Version : P21S Wheel Polish and Dumb Question

FilledRim
08-14-2005, 04:15 PM
I bought the P21S wheel polish. It seems to work well on chrome tail pipes but it says do not use on wheels with a painted or anodized surface. Dumb question: how do I know whether the wheels are anodized or coated with anything? I have had them repaired---are the repairs just polishing and a clear coat? Any help appreciated.

FilledRim
08-14-2005, 04:15 PM
I bought the P21S wheel polish. It seems to work well on chrome tail pipes but it says do not use on wheels with a painted or anodized surface. Dumb question: how do I know whether the wheels are anodized or coated with anything? I have had them repaired---are the repairs just polishing and a clear coat? Any help appreciated.

chml17l
08-14-2005, 04:57 PM

Most OEM wheels are factory clear coated. You could rub the wheel face using a little metal polish on a white cloth to see if you get any paint transfer or discoloration. If you do not get any transfer then they are clear coated and can be polished like regular automotive paint with a recommend paint polish.

As the P21S polish states-- it is for metal surfaces only and not painted/clear coated wheels or coated metals.

chml17l
08-14-2005, 04:57 PM

Most OEM wheels are factory clear coated. You could rub the wheel face using a little metal polish on a white cloth to see if you get any paint transfer or discoloration. If you do not get any transfer then they are clear coated and can be polished like regular automotive paint with a recommend paint polish.

As the P21S polish states-- it is for metal surfaces only and not painted/clear coated wheels or coated metals.