PDA

View Full Version : Mezerna IP vs Mequiers #83 or 82? 3M

cpr_carpenter
08-14-2005, 03:41 PM
All,

I`ve been curious where on the polishing scale mezerna falls? Is it more aggresive or less than #82 or #83 (I assume higher # indicates more aggressive?). Where does 3m medium grit fall? I`d like to get something a little bit more aggressive than IP. I`ve got water spots that IP isn`t removing (6" LC yellow on PC). From the research I`ve done some have recommended using a 4" pad.

But I would like something more aggresive. I`ve been reading up on polishing plastic headlights and #83 was recommended. Also, on using touch up paint where 3M medius grit is recommended.

TIA for help and recommendations for trying to sort out where`s what!

cpr_carpenter
08-14-2005, 03:41 PM
All,

I`ve been curious where on the polishing scale mezerna falls? Is it more aggresive or less than #82 or #83 (I assume higher # indicates more aggressive?). Where does 3m medium grit fall? I`d like to get something a little bit more aggressive than IP. I`ve got water spots that IP isn`t removing (6" LC yellow on PC). From the research I`ve done some have recommended using a 4" pad.

But I would like something more aggresive. I`ve been reading up on polishing plastic headlights and #83 was recommended. Also, on using touch up paint where 3M medius grit is recommended.

TIA for help and recommendations for trying to sort out where`s what!

JeffM
08-14-2005, 04:50 PM
There is a abrasive guide somewhere around here.

But about the headlights...

I would not use #83 on them unless you have wetsanded them and are trying to remove the sand marks.

Use PlastiX on headlights.

Or the Wolfgang lens kit.

JeffM
08-14-2005, 04:50 PM
There is a abrasive guide somewhere around here.

But about the headlights...

I would not use #83 on them unless you have wetsanded them and are trying to remove the sand marks.

Use PlastiX on headlights.

Or the Wolfgang lens kit.

imported_Picus
08-14-2005, 06:07 PM
http://www.dano.pocketrubbish.com/detailing/productchart.htm

imported_Picus
08-14-2005, 06:07 PM
http://www.dano.pocketrubbish.com/detailing/productchart.htm

cpr_carpenter
08-14-2005, 07:46 PM
This forum is awesome, response in mins!...Thx!!

cpr_carpenter
08-14-2005, 07:46 PM
This forum is awesome, response in mins!...Thx!!

imported_Picus
08-14-2005, 08:07 PM
To give you a more in depth answer (I usually like to leave this to the pros since I consider myself an amateur compared to some of these guys!), I would try to IP with a 4" cutting pad first. If that doesn`t do it I would personally grab some Poorboys SSR2.5 and try it out. Meg`s DACP is a good product, but it does have a slightly higher learning curve than some other similar products . Also, I`ve had very good results on plastic headlamps with Meg`s PlasticX, just fyi.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

imported_Picus
08-14-2005, 08:07 PM
To give you a more in depth answer (I usually like to leave this to the pros since I consider myself an amateur compared to some of these guys!), I would try to IP with a 4" cutting pad first. If that doesn`t do it I would personally grab some Poorboys SSR2.5 and try it out. Meg`s DACP is a good product, but it does have a slightly higher learning curve than some other similar products . Also, I`ve had very good results on plastic headlamps with Meg`s PlasticX, just fyi.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!