PDA

View Full Version : appyling wax by hand

Pages : [1] 2

03k20a2
08-14-2005, 01:16 PM
i am going to detail my 03 RSX Type S next weekend. this is will be my steps: (using a pc7424)

Wash

Megs Clay and QD

Wash Blackfire Shampoo

Polish Megs #82 w/ Lake County Polishing Pad (possibly Megs #83 if needed)

Glaze Megs #7 w/ Lake County Glazing Pad

Wax Megs #26 w/ Lake County Finishing Pad

Wax Nattys Blue by hand w/ foam applicator- now my question is about this step, when applying Nattys, do i do in circular motions or up and down and side to side motions? also, do i wipe off Nattys immediately or let it sit for a while? thanks

03k20a2
08-14-2005, 01:16 PM
i am going to detail my 03 RSX Type S next weekend. this is will be my steps: (using a pc7424)

Wash

Megs Clay and QD

Wash Blackfire Shampoo

Wax Nattys Blue by hand w/ foam applicator- now my question is about this step, when applying Nattys, do i do in circular motions or up and down and side to side motions? also, do i wipe off Nattys immediately or let it sit for a while? thanks

Anthony O.
08-14-2005, 01:32 PM

Wash

Megs Clay and QD

Wash Blackfire Shampoo

Sorry, but I have no clue as to wehy you feel the need to wash, clay and then wash again? And on top of that use a QD to clay with?

Save yourself some time and money...wash your car, wheels, tires, wheel wells and then after you have done your final rinse don`t dry the car justyet. Have prepared in a 32oz bottle some water with a drop or two of car soap and use this as your clay lubricant. I label my bottle "slip". Continue to wet the car down as needed and when done claying then dry the car.

I would skip the #7 as this step may indue more heartache than anything.

Why two waxes? One just replaces the other so you are not getting any benefit.

Most waxes can be applied in any way but on dark paints most people like to apply them in back and forth motions, from front bumper to back bumper.

Anthony

Anthony O.
08-14-2005, 01:32 PM

Wash

Megs Clay and QD

Wash Blackfire Shampoo

Sorry, but I have no clue as to wehy you feel the need to wash, clay and then wash again? And on top of that use a QD to clay with?

Save yourself some time and money...wash your car, wheels, tires, wheel wells and then after you have done your final rinse don`t dry the car justyet. Have prepared in a 32oz bottle some water with a drop or two of car soap and use this as your clay lubricant. I label my bottle "slip". Continue to wet the car down as needed and when done claying then dry the car.

I would skip the #7 as this step may indue more heartache than anything.

Why two waxes? One just replaces the other so you are not getting any benefit.

Most waxes can be applied in any way but on dark paints most people like to apply them in back and forth motions, from front bumper to back bumper.

Anthony

a.k.a. Patrick
08-14-2005, 01:40 PM
:werd: Especially the wash after claying routine. i wish folks would realize if your polishing, its a wasted step....and amen for the water lube too.....

a.k.a. Patrick
08-14-2005, 01:40 PM
:werd: Especially the wash after claying routine. i wish folks would realize if your polishing, its a wasted step....and amen for the water lube too.....

4830Deuce
08-14-2005, 01:50 PM
I like to use my PC w/ natty`s. the 1st time i used it i applied it by hand it gave me an uneven finish and gloss...I apply a bit of it by hand then use a grey finishing pad to get an even coat! hope this helps!

4830Deuce
08-14-2005, 01:50 PM
I like to use my PC w/ natty`s. the 1st time i used it i applied it by hand it gave me an uneven finish and gloss...I apply a bit of it by hand then use a grey finishing pad to get an even coat! hope this helps!

03k20a2
08-14-2005, 02:36 PM
thanks guys...so i should just wash w/ blackfire rinse off the soap, dont dry the car and use a bottle of soap and water for the lube for the clay, correct? also, burn then buff, how many time do you apply nattys to your pad when using the pc, i dont want to use too much and i know the pad soaks up a lot of product. also, ive never used a paste wax before with the pc and pads, do you just take the wax out of the container and rub it on the pad? thanks all

03k20a2
08-14-2005, 02:36 PM
thanks guys...so i should just wash w/ blackfire rinse off the soap, dont dry the car and use a bottle of soap and water for the lube for the clay, correct? also, burn then buff, how many time do you apply nattys to your pad when using the pc, i dont want to use too much and i know the pad soaks up a lot of product. also, ive never used a paste wax before with the pc and pads, do you just take the wax out of the container and rub it on the pad? thanks all

lbls1
08-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Practice with the hand motion that feels the most comfortable. It is better that you go with up and down motions in small sections at a time, as opposed to the circular motion. Your wax removal cloths and whatever particles that are trapped on them is more of a culprit for marring than your preferred waxing style.

lbls1
08-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Practice with the hand motion that feels the most comfortable. It is better that you go with up and down motions in small sections at a time, as opposed to the circular motion. Your wax removal cloths and whatever particles that are trapped on them is more of a culprit for marring than your preferred waxing style.

Scottwax
08-14-2005, 05:58 PM
If you want to use two waxes, go ahead but wait a few days, wash the car then apply the Natty`s. Applying carnaubas over carnaubas right after each other tends to cause streaking and then hazing in the sun since the first coat hadn`t set before you put another coat on.

Back and fort is preferrable, just in case you get some grit into the wax pad, straight line scratches are easier to remove than circular ones. Visually, it doesn`t really matter.

I apply Natty`s a couple sections at a time and then remove.

Scottwax
08-14-2005, 05:58 PM
If you want to use two waxes, go ahead but wait a few days, wash the car then apply the Natty`s. Applying carnaubas over carnaubas right after each other tends to cause streaking and then hazing in the sun since the first coat hadn`t set before you put another coat on.

Back and fort is preferrable, just in case you get some grit into the wax pad, straight line scratches are easier to remove than circular ones. Visually, it doesn`t really matter.

I apply Natty`s a couple sections at a time and then remove.

03k20a2
08-14-2005, 08:01 PM
i dont think im gonna use #26 just nattys