PDA

View Full Version : 3M Hand Glaze okay with a PC?

ellssuu
08-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Sounds stupid right..........yeah I`m a newbie? :LOLOL Oh well, what`s the best way to apply?

ellssuu
08-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Sounds stupid right..........yeah I`m a newbie? :LOLOL Oh well, what`s the best way to apply?

Accumulator
08-15-2005, 09:19 AM
ellssuu- Welcome to Autopia!

If you have a shoulder problem or some other reason why the usual "wax on/wax off" motions are unpleasant, then yeah, you could use the IHG by PC. Speed about 3-4, mild polishing pad (finishing pads soak up too much of the oils/etc. and are a pain to use with such products IMO).

But you`re not gonna get any improvement in results by using a nonabrasive product like IHG by machine, with the possible exception of using it on old-school single stage. If you`re using it on basecoat/clear, I`d just do whatever feels best to you. But then I wouldn`t use IHG for anything myself ;) Mine just sits on the shelf as anything IHG can do, other products can do better. Sorry, couldn`t resist the IHG-bashing opportunity :o

Accumulator
08-15-2005, 09:19 AM
ellssuu- Welcome to Autopia!

If you have a shoulder problem or some other reason why the usual "wax on/wax off" motions are unpleasant, then yeah, you could use the IHG by PC. Speed about 3-4, mild polishing pad (finishing pads soak up too much of the oils/etc. and are a pain to use with such products IMO).

But you`re not gonna get any improvement in results by using a nonabrasive product like IHG by machine, with the possible exception of using it on old-school single stage. If you`re using it on basecoat/clear, I`d just do whatever feels best to you. But then I wouldn`t use IHG for anything myself ;) Mine just sits on the shelf as anything IHG can do, other products can do better. Sorry, couldn`t resist the IHG-bashing opportunity :o