PDA

View Full Version : MF tag removal question

Gameon
08-14-2005, 02:26 AM
I have a lot of MF towels with tags on them. Some of them are like fabric tags and some of them are paper-like. I know the paper-like ones will most likely scratch the paint so I cut them off as far as I can without cutting MF thread. There is always a little exposed remnants of the tag which I`m try to keep away from the paint.

I just wanted to know if some of you guys have other methods of removing the tag. Thanks in advance!

Gameon
08-14-2005, 02:26 AM
I have a lot of MF towels with tags on them. Some of them are like fabric tags and some of them are paper-like. I know the paper-like ones will most likely scratch the paint so I cut them off as far as I can without cutting MF thread. There is always a little exposed remnants of the tag which I`m try to keep away from the paint.

I just wanted to know if some of you guys have other methods of removing the tag. Thanks in advance!

zippymbr
08-14-2005, 05:26 AM
I think it is called a seam ripper. You can get one in the sewing area of Walmart, or a fabric store. It will help you remove the remnants.

zippymbr
08-14-2005, 05:26 AM
I think it is called a seam ripper. You can get one in the sewing area of Walmart, or a fabric store. It will help you remove the remnants.

Setec Astronomy
08-14-2005, 06:06 AM
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58048&highlight=tags

Setec Astronomy
08-14-2005, 06:06 AM
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58048&highlight=tags

Accumulator
08-14-2005, 08:18 AM
I just rip `em off. Sometimes I`ll get a little fraying but it doesn`t happen all that often and it doesn`t cause any real problems when it does. I`ve never had to retire a MF towel because it frayed/unraveled too much from where I tore the tag off.

Accumulator
08-14-2005, 08:18 AM
I just rip `em off. Sometimes I`ll get a little fraying but it doesn`t happen all that often and it doesn`t cause any real problems when it does. I`ve never had to retire a MF towel because it frayed/unraveled too much from where I tore the tag off.

Siggyboy
08-14-2005, 08:20 AM
If its a paper type tag, those seem to tear off pretty well without damaging the towel. I usually grab the tag real well and RIP it hard and fast, like removing a band-aid. That works well for the paper tags, but with some of the more cloth-like tags you might damage the seam a bit. No biggie.

Siggyboy
08-14-2005, 08:20 AM
If its a paper type tag, those seem to tear off pretty well without damaging the towel. I usually grab the tag real well and RIP it hard and fast, like removing a band-aid. That works well for the paper tags, but with some of the more cloth-like tags you might damage the seam a bit. No biggie.