PDA

View Full Version : Extension tube: Wurth A/C & Heating System Treatment

ktlimq
08-13-2005, 05:24 PM
When you received Wurth A/C & Heating System Treatment,

did you also receive the extension tube?

On the can it reads "if the opening grill or grate covering the returns is too small for direct spraying , insert extension tube provided."

ktlimq
08-13-2005, 05:24 PM
When you received Wurth A/C & Heating System Treatment,

did you also receive the extension tube?

On the can it reads "if the opening grill or grate covering the returns is too small for direct spraying , insert extension tube provided."

Accumulator
08-14-2005, 08:15 AM
No, the can I have in the shop doesn`t have an extension tube either, and the spray head does not appear to take one anyhow. I`d use an unused head with tube from another product if I couldn`t spray it in well enough. But I`ve never had a problem just spraying it with the normal head.

If you can pull the vent apart (remove the part with the "vanes" in it from the dash or get into the ductwork under the dash) you can probably get a straighter shot into the ductwork.

Remember to have it on recirculate and don`t be stingy with the Wurth product- spray a *lot* in there. If you can find the exterior air inlet, I`d treat it a second time- switch it off recirc and spray it into the exterior inlet. Note that this area often gets a lot of water through it and might be harboring the stuff you want the Wurth to eradicate. Again, use a lot of product.

Accumulator
08-14-2005, 08:15 AM
No, the can I have in the shop doesn`t have an extension tube either, and the spray head does not appear to take one anyhow. I`d use an unused head with tube from another product if I couldn`t spray it in well enough. But I`ve never had a problem just spraying it with the normal head.

If you can pull the vent apart (remove the part with the "vanes" in it from the dash or get into the ductwork under the dash) you can probably get a straighter shot into the ductwork.

Remember to have it on recirculate and don`t be stingy with the Wurth product- spray a *lot* in there. If you can find the exterior air inlet, I`d treat it a second time- switch it off recirc and spray it into the exterior inlet. Note that this area often gets a lot of water through it and might be harboring the stuff you want the Wurth to eradicate. Again, use a lot of product.

zimmerDN
08-15-2005, 06:12 AM
What is this for? Any links?

zimmerDN
08-15-2005, 06:12 AM
What is this for? Any links?

Accumulator
08-15-2005, 09:59 AM
No link handy, but do a search of "Wurth" and you`ll find it. It`s made to get rid of musty/swampy odors in a vehicle`s climate control ductwork, supposedly kills the bacteria/etc. in the ductwork. Sorta like a "Lysol for cars" that you spray in the heater/AC vents with the system set on recirc.

Accumulator
08-15-2005, 09:59 AM
No link handy, but do a search of "Wurth" and you`ll find it. It`s made to get rid of musty/swampy odors in a vehicle`s climate control ductwork, supposedly kills the bacteria/etc. in the ductwork. Sorta like a "Lysol for cars" that you spray in the heater/AC vents with the system set on recirc.