PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys EX, EX-P, and Klasse SG Question>>>

imported_SilverStallion
08-13-2005, 07:21 AM
Just trying to determine which is the best out of these products. I use the Clearkote line of VM and RMG depending on the application, but I have been consdiering on adding a Sealant to my lineup. Right now, I use the Clearkote product, then go to an LSP for a topper...Souveran, Carnuba Moose, or P21S depending on my mood.

Do the sealants that I have listed all work the same way? I have Klasse SG now, but have considered added the Poorboys EX or EX-P to my line up. Is this needed?

What does the panel recommend?

~Darren

imported_SilverStallion
08-13-2005, 07:21 AM
Just trying to determine which is the best out of these products. I use the Clearkote line of VM and RMG depending on the application, but I have been consdiering on adding a Sealant to my lineup. Right now, I use the Clearkote product, then go to an LSP for a topper...Souveran, Carnuba Moose, or P21S depending on my mood.

Do the sealants that I have listed all work the same way? I have Klasse SG now, but have considered added the Poorboys EX or EX-P to my line up. Is this needed?

What does the panel recommend?

~Darren

Prometheus
08-13-2005, 08:21 AM
It really depends upon what you are trying to achieve IMO. EX is a great sealant for darker colored cars, while EX-P looks great on lighter ones (like silver and white).

To my knowledge, all sealants bond together similarly chemically, so from that standpoint they will all give you longer lasting protection than a carnuba based wax, but are they all the same? No. I have never used SG, so I can`t really comment from first-person experience, but based upon the pics and details I have seen here that have used it, SG seem to really do well on light colored vehicles (again silver and white). You can easily apply it to a darker colored car and it can look nice, but its forte is lighter colored and metallic paints. So, I guess I would try the SG and see how you like it. If you like the way it looks, leave it. Like it somewhat, the try topping it. Dont like it that much, I would try the EX or the EX-P. I always to try to make what I have work for me before I go out and get other stuff, but that`s just me.

Anyways, hope this helps, and best of luck in you adventure.

Prometheus
08-13-2005, 08:21 AM
It really depends upon what you are trying to achieve IMO. EX is a great sealant for darker colored cars, while EX-P looks great on lighter ones (like silver and white).

To my knowledge, all sealants bond together similarly chemically, so from that standpoint they will all give you longer lasting protection than a carnuba based wax, but are they all the same? No. I have never used SG, so I can`t really comment from first-person experience, but based upon the pics and details I have seen here that have used it, SG seem to really do well on light colored vehicles (again silver and white). You can easily apply it to a darker colored car and it can look nice, but its forte is lighter colored and metallic paints. So, I guess I would try the SG and see how you like it. If you like the way it looks, leave it. Like it somewhat, the try topping it. Dont like it that much, I would try the EX or the EX-P. I always to try to make what I have work for me before I go out and get other stuff, but that`s just me.

Anyways, hope this helps, and best of luck in you adventure.

JeffM
08-13-2005, 11:32 AM
VM or RMG, #7 ect, will not work too well with SG.

There is a chance of reducing the durability of other sealants, but they will still work, and protect for a few months.

JeffM
08-13-2005, 11:32 AM
VM or RMG, #7 ect, will not work too well with SG.

There is a chance of reducing the durability of other sealants, but they will still work, and protect for a few months.

Scottwax
08-13-2005, 10:06 PM
EX or EX-P are definitely easier to use than SG but SG is probably the most durable of the three, provided you apply it over AIO.

Scottwax
08-13-2005, 10:06 PM
EX or EX-P are definitely easier to use than SG but SG is probably the most durable of the three, provided you apply it over AIO.

imported_SilverStallion
08-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Thanks guys. I am just trying to determine my process in this case. So, if I am going to use some of the Clearkote products, will the AIO strip them? (ie. VM or RMG).

Should I get some EX or EXP to work with the Clearkote products, prior to adding my LSP? Which is the most versatile if I am going to buy one - the EX or the EX-P? I understand that EX is for lighter colours and EX-P is for dark, but I am assuming that they will work on either, and just wonder if people have found one more varsatile.

Thanks.

~Darren

imported_SilverStallion
08-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Thanks guys. I am just trying to determine my process in this case. So, if I am going to use some of the Clearkote products, will the AIO strip them? (ie. VM or RMG).

Should I get some EX or EXP to work with the Clearkote products, prior to adding my LSP? Which is the most versatile if I am going to buy one - the EX or the EX-P? I understand that EX is for lighter colours and EX-P is for dark, but I am assuming that they will work on either, and just wonder if people have found one more varsatile.

Thanks.

~Darren