PDA

View Full Version : can u QD right after waxing?

petp
08-12-2005, 09:53 AM
can you QD (showtime) right after waxing (s100) or is it best to wait afew days.

ive heard QD will remove uncured wax? true?

thanks

petp
08-12-2005, 09:53 AM
can you QD (showtime) right after waxing (s100) or is it best to wait afew days.

ive heard QD will remove uncured wax? true?

thanks

Way2SSlow
08-12-2005, 10:04 AM
I don`t see a reason why not. A lot of people are having great success with the spit shining techniques. I don`t think it will remove your freshly applied wax. Before I knew about putting on thin coats, I used to use QD to remove hazed wax.

Way2SSlow
08-12-2005, 10:04 AM
I don`t see a reason why not. A lot of people are having great success with the spit shining techniques. I don`t think it will remove your freshly applied wax. Before I knew about putting on thin coats, I used to use QD to remove hazed wax.

petp
08-12-2005, 10:56 AM
if u used it to remove hazed wax doesnt that mean its removing the wax you just put on?

petp
08-12-2005, 10:56 AM
if u used it to remove hazed wax doesnt that mean its removing the wax you just put on?

Way2SSlow
08-12-2005, 11:14 AM
I meant I used it to aid in removal. I dont know if I said it exactly right. What I meant is that when you wax the car, you have to remove the haze, you dont just apply wax and then leave it.....ya gotta wipe it back off. I got a little hasty with an application of Nattys and rather than wearing my arms out and taking forever, I just sprayed some QD on there, and it came off without a problem. So I guess you could say I was removing the wax, but leaving the protection behind... I guess that makes sense.....right? :D

Way2SSlow
08-12-2005, 11:14 AM
I meant I used it to aid in removal. I dont know if I said it exactly right. What I meant is that when you wax the car, you have to remove the haze, you dont just apply wax and then leave it.....ya gotta wipe it back off. I got a little hasty with an application of Nattys and rather than wearing my arms out and taking forever, I just sprayed some QD on there, and it came off without a problem. So I guess you could say I was removing the wax, but leaving the protection behind... I guess that makes sense.....right? :D