PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant???

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

CaliPhotog
08-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Anybody have a good suggestion on a product that can take the place of Wolfgang DGS? I am in Califoirnia and apparently it is not in compliance with the current VOC regulations. :furious: Would the poorboys EX-P be a good choice?

CaliPhotog
08-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Anybody have a good suggestion on a product that can take the place of Wolfgang DGS? I am in Califoirnia and apparently it is not in compliance with the current VOC regulations. :furious: Would the poorboys EX-P be a good choice?

Bill D
08-12-2005, 08:27 AM
Wow, first I`m hearing of this. In theory, since WG gives a carnauba like look, a sealant with added carnauba,like the Poorboy`s one, ought to look similar.

Bill D
08-12-2005, 08:27 AM
Wow, first I`m hearing of this. In theory, since WG gives a carnauba like look, a sealant with added carnauba,like the Poorboy`s one, ought to look similar.

CaliPhotog
08-12-2005, 08:40 AM

It BLOWS that I can`t get it here in California! Seriously they regulate the crud out of EVERYTHING here! Thanks for the confirmation on using the Poorboys EX-P instead. I`m going to give it a try.

CaliPhotog
08-12-2005, 08:40 AM

It BLOWS that I can`t get it here in California! Seriously they regulate the crud out of EVERYTHING here! Thanks for the confirmation on using the Poorboys EX-P instead. I`m going to give it a try.

a.k.a. Patrick
08-12-2005, 08:43 AM
EX-P or Four Star UPP.....

a.k.a. Patrick
08-12-2005, 08:43 AM
EX-P or Four Star UPP.....

chml17l
08-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Qutoed straight from the autogeek website on the WG sealant page--

"California Air Resources Board has determined that some car care products may not meet their state’s VOC requirements. Until clarification can be established we will unfortunately not be able to ship this product into California at this time."

Sure seems strange to me that a water-based sealant is suddenly a no-go in CA.

:think:

Of course, you could always get a friendly Autopian to send you a WG *ahem* sample. ;) ;)

chml17l
08-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Qutoed straight from the autogeek website on the WG sealant page--

"California Air Resources Board has determined that some car care products may not meet their state’s VOC requirements. Until clarification can be established we will unfortunately not be able to ship this product into California at this time."

Sure seems strange to me that a water-based sealant is suddenly a no-go in CA.

:think:

Of course, you could always get a friendly Autopian to send you a WG *ahem* sample. ;) ;)

Bill D
08-12-2005, 08:53 AM
I wonder if other states, NJ in particular, will follow. This might be the first hint for diehard WG fans to stock up on the half gallon/gallon sizes.

Bill D
08-12-2005, 08:53 AM
I wonder if other states, NJ in particular, will follow. This might be the first hint for diehard WG fans to stock up on the half gallon/gallon sizes.

EBPcivicsi
08-12-2005, 10:52 AM
IMO, UPP or #21 would be nice replacements. I don`t find EX-P to be close in any way to WG. I do have limited experience with the WG though.....

EBPcivicsi
08-12-2005, 10:52 AM
IMO, UPP or #21 would be nice replacements. I don`t find EX-P to be close in any way to WG. I do have limited experience with the WG though.....

imported_COBRyan
08-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Autogeek.net will send you a bottle. I have ordered from them not too long ago.