PDA

View Full Version : n00b with a question

djerickd
08-11-2005, 02:19 PM
I just wanted to say hey to everyone! Me being a n00b didn`t read the sticky in teh detailing forum and should have posted here first. If anyone wants to help take a look at my thread. I did a search with no results found on how to clean red stiching, like on steering wheels, etc.

Check it out:

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60706

Thanks in advance! :woot:

djerickd
08-11-2005, 02:19 PM
I just wanted to say hey to everyone! Me being a n00b didn`t read the sticky in teh detailing forum and should have posted here first. If anyone wants to help take a look at my thread. I did a search with no results found on how to clean red stiching, like on steering wheels, etc.

Check it out:

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60706

Thanks in advance! :woot:

rollman
08-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Try the Oxy clean with a stiff tooth brush , mix up the oxy with some warm water into a paste . Hold a towel under the area your cleaning so you don`t make a huge mess. Good luck and have fun.

:buffing:

rollman
08-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Try the Oxy clean with a stiff tooth brush , mix up the oxy with some warm water into a paste . Hold a towel under the area your cleaning so you don`t make a huge mess. Good luck and have fun.

:buffing:

djerickd
08-12-2005, 07:07 AM
Thanks!!! I will try that then I hope it doesn`t bleach it out!

djerickd
08-12-2005, 07:07 AM
Thanks!!! I will try that then I hope it doesn`t bleach it out!

Accumulator
08-12-2005, 08:49 AM
djerickd- Welcome to Autopia!

Besides watching for bleaching, I`d make sure you get all the oxiclean *really* washed/rinsed off. Don`t leave any there to dry on the wheel.

FWIW, I`d just use a regular interior cleaner that`s safe for leather (like Griot`s). Be really careful with the brushes so you don`t fray the stitching.

Once you get it clean, I`d clean it regularly so oils/etc. from your hands don`t stain it in the places where you usually hold the wheel.

Accumulator
08-12-2005, 08:49 AM
djerickd- Welcome to Autopia!

Besides watching for bleaching, I`d make sure you get all the oxiclean *really* washed/rinsed off. Don`t leave any there to dry on the wheel.

FWIW, I`d just use a regular interior cleaner that`s safe for leather (like Griot`s). Be really careful with the brushes so you don`t fray the stitching.

Once you get it clean, I`d clean it regularly so oils/etc. from your hands don`t stain it in the places where you usually hold the wheel.

djerickd
08-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Thanks! I always try to watch where I put my hands but since but it`s still got dingy marks from years of use :(

djerickd
08-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Thanks! I always try to watch where I put my hands but since but it`s still got dingy marks from years of use :(