PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss 601 PBA...update...

wannafbody
08-11-2005, 01:49 PM
I did a quick machine polish of the hood on our pickup. I applied some Duragloss Polish (sealant) to half the hood and the PBA to the other half. Over the PBA side I applied Duragloss Polish to 1 section and Poorboys EX w/Carnauba to another section. As for the Duragloss Polish my impression is that it`s the clearest product I`ve used. The optics seem mirror sharp. Looks good on white but I`m not real impressed on dark colors. The Poorboys Ex seems to have bonded just fine to the PBA. Initial impressions are a slick feeling with slightly softer reflections and good depth. As EX is a well known product this isn`t a review of EX but rather to post that the EX seems to have bonded fine over the Duragloss PBA. As to wether the PBA will aid durability only time will tell.

wannafbody
08-11-2005, 01:49 PM
I did a quick machine polish of the hood on our pickup. I applied some Duragloss Polish (sealant) to half the hood and the PBA to the other half. Over the PBA side I applied Duragloss Polish to 1 section and Poorboys EX w/Carnauba to another section. As for the Duragloss Polish my impression is that it`s the clearest product I`ve used. The optics seem mirror sharp. Looks good on white but I`m not real impressed on dark colors. The Poorboys Ex seems to have bonded just fine to the PBA. Initial impressions are a slick feeling with slightly softer reflections and good depth. As EX is a well known product this isn`t a review of EX but rather to post that the EX seems to have bonded fine over the Duragloss PBA. As to wether the PBA will aid durability only time will tell.

pontman43
08-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Have any pictures?

wannafbody
08-30-2005, 03:23 PM
no pics but after several weeks of HOT weather all sections are holding up equally and have similar sized rain beads

wannafbody
11-07-2005, 08:53 PM
I figured I`d update this at the almost 3 month mark. At this point the Duragloss only, Duragloss with 601 and Poorboys EX with 601 are all holding up equally. On the hood the water beads are all very similarly sized. Amazingly the Duragloss still seems a bit slick to the touch but this vehicle has only been washed about 3 times so that may be a factor.

imported_COBRyan
11-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Interesting product...thanks for the info!

imported_COBRyan
11-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Sorry to bring this back up, but after doing a search you seem like one of the few who have tried it. Do you recommend the PBA? I was thinking it might be an interesting product to try out under Z2 or UPP (which I have been using AIO for in the past).

wannafbody
11-16-2005, 07:54 PM
the PBA is only $5-so IMO its well worth experimenting with-It claims to fuction like an epoxy allowing a sealant to bond and last longer. It applies easily (like buttering a pan) and sealants just glide over the PBA. On white I really didn`t see any difference in looks between where I used the PBA and didn`t.

novadude
03-10-2006, 01:01 PM
BTT... how`s PBA working with non-Duragloss sealants? Any new info?

wannafbody
03-10-2006, 10:22 PM
I haven`t really played around with it with other sealants. I may do the roof hoop on my TA with Tropicare/ 601 and see how it works.

Big Leegr
08-03-2006, 02:37 PM
So, any update?

Has anyone else tried the PBA with other sealants? Any increase in longevity? (The description says that it works with any "durable polish.")

SB_92_MX5
08-03-2006, 02:45 PM
I just had my 92 Miata repainted a few weeks ago. Once it gets the final machine buff from the painter next week, I plan to use the full DG line....PBA and #105 x 3...followed by periodic Aquawax treatments. I suspect my classic red paint will look amazing.

I already use their #301 Vinyl and Convertible Top Dressing...amazing stuff as well. Their glass polish is first rate, too.

wannafbody
08-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Myself and others have used the 601PBA under other products without any adverse affects. I`m not sure how much it helps durability but it certaily doesn`t hurt it either.

ashsarna
08-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Myself and others have used the 601PBA under other products without any adverse affects. I`m not sure how much it helps durability but it certaily doesn`t hurt it either.

What wasyour final findings on this comparison of PB 601 as a base with EX, DG polish, and the DG polish without 601? Thanks.

wannafbody
08-03-2006, 06:37 PM
I wasn`t able to really arrive at anything concrete. The vehicle I used it on was a rarely washed work truck. I do believe that the 601 does add some gloss to 111 and probably helps in the durability area as well. Someone else has used it under Megs 21 and noticed no adverse affects.