PDA

View Full Version : SSR2.5 via PC w/ Sonus Orange is not doing jack...

Pages : [1] 2 3

CaliPhotog
08-11-2005, 09:27 AM
:furious: Okay, I am seriously getting frustrated!!!! I have a 2 month old black Audi and I can`t get rid of the factory installed light scratches/swirls. Last nite I tried going at a section on the hood with a PC/Orange Sonus DAS/and SSR2.5 Still there. :think: I am very new to using the PC and I may just be doing it wrong. I have look up all the info threads and it sounds like I am doing it corectly. Here is the tech I am using...

Wash

Clay

Wash

PC Sonus Orange SSR2.5 start at 3.5 and then once polish is spread I move on to 4.5

I work that for about 3 minutes on a 2x2 section

Buff off with microfiber and move on to a less aggreassive polish/pad combo (SSR1 on Green Sonus DAS)

I think I may be working it too fast or I may have the PC on too low of a speed... I have head that Audi paint is extra hard, but this seems that I must be doing something wrong. AHHHHHH Please please what is going on?

CaliPhotog
08-11-2005, 09:27 AM
:furious: Okay, I am seriously getting frustrated!!!! I have a 2 month old black Audi and I can`t get rid of the factory installed light scratches/swirls. Last nite I tried going at a section on the hood with a PC/Orange Sonus DAS/and SSR2.5 Still there. :think: I am very new to using the PC and I may just be doing it wrong. I have look up all the info threads and it sounds like I am doing it corectly. Here is the tech I am using...

Wash

Clay

Wash

PC Sonus Orange SSR2.5 start at 3.5 and then once polish is spread I move on to 4.5

I work that for about 3 minutes on a 2x2 section

Buff off with microfiber and move on to a less aggreassive polish/pad combo (SSR1 on Green Sonus DAS)

I think I may be working it too fast or I may have the PC on too low of a speed... I have head that Audi paint is extra hard, but this seems that I must be doing something wrong. AHHHHHH Please please what is going on?

scottabir
08-11-2005, 09:38 AM
you said it yourself audi paint is extra hard. oh yeah and you can boost your settings on the PC up to 5.5-6 that should help slightly. How fast are you moving the machine? Try it on ultra crawl mode adn see if that helps.

scottabir
08-11-2005, 09:38 AM
you said it yourself audi paint is extra hard. oh yeah and you can boost your settings on the PC up to 5.5-6 that should help slightly. How fast are you moving the machine? Try it on ultra crawl mode adn see if that helps.

Asonyexec
08-11-2005, 09:40 AM
I had the same experience with my first bottle of SSR 2.0. Try this....on the second pass with the PC/DA apply a little more pressure to the polisher. If you`re using the side handle try grabbing the polisher at the top front portion and press down a bit (approx 15lbs of pressure) that made a big difference for me. FYI - just keep the polisher moving and you`ll be ok...no paint burning. Now-a-days i just bust out the rotary and it`s like the car has just come out of the paint shop - flawless

Asonyexec
08-11-2005, 09:40 AM
I had the same experience with my first bottle of SSR 2.0. Try this....on the second pass with the PC/DA apply a little more pressure to the polisher. If you`re using the side handle try grabbing the polisher at the top front portion and press down a bit (approx 15lbs of pressure) that made a big difference for me. FYI - just keep the polisher moving and you`ll be ok...no paint burning. Now-a-days i just bust out the rotary and it`s like the car has just come out of the paint shop - flawless

CaliPhotog
08-11-2005, 09:46 AM

I will boost up the speed for sure and I will slow WAY down. Now that you mention ultra crawl mode I KNOW I am going too fast. I keep it moving pretty fast. I was under the impression that I needed to keep it moving around to avoid putting more marks there myself. Approx. how does it take you to PC the recomended 2x2 test area? Also, thanks so much for taking the time to answer this noob question. :)

CaliPhotog
08-11-2005, 09:46 AM

I will boost up the speed for sure and I will slow WAY down. Now that you mention ultra crawl mode I KNOW I am going too fast. I keep it moving pretty fast. I was under the impression that I needed to keep it moving around to avoid putting more marks there myself. Approx. how does it take you to PC the recomended 2x2 test area? Also, thanks so much for taking the time to answer this noob question. :)

CaliPhotog
08-11-2005, 09:49 AM
I had the same experience with my first bottle of SSR 2.0. Try this....on the second pass with the PC/DA apply a little more pressure to the polisher. If you`re using the side handle try grabbing the polisher at the top front portion and press down a bit (approx 15lbs of pressure) that made a big difference for me. FYI - just keep the polisher moving and you`ll be ok...no paint burning. Now-a-days i just bust out the rotary and it`s like the car has just come out of the paint shop (http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=31&k=paint%20shop) - flawless

I am hardly applying any pressure... I was worried that I might burn the paint, as you metioned. Ahhhhh don`t mention the rotary to me. LOL I don`t even know how to use the PC properly yet, I don`t want to atempt using a rotary.

CaliPhotog
08-11-2005, 09:49 AM
I had the same experience with my first bottle of SSR 2.0. Try this....on the second pass with the PC/DA apply a little more pressure to the polisher. If you`re using the side handle try grabbing the polisher at the top front portion and press down a bit (approx 15lbs of pressure) that made a big difference for me. FYI - just keep the polisher moving and you`ll be ok...no paint burning. Now-a-days i just bust out the rotary and it`s like the car has just come out of the paint shop (http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=31&k=paint%20shop) - flawless

I am hardly applying any pressure... I was worried that I might burn the paint, as you metioned. Ahhhhh don`t mention the rotary to me. LOL I don`t even know how to use the PC properly yet, I don`t want to atempt using a rotary.

mgm2003
08-11-2005, 10:24 AM
A few tips on SSR2.5

-Use a DRY pad.

-Draw a 8-10" bead of ssr2.5 on your paint.

-Bump up your speed to 5.5 on the PC.

-Make your passes SLOWWWW, and overlapping.

-You may need to take a few passes. Take your time and do a section at a time.

mgm2003
08-11-2005, 10:24 AM
A few tips on SSR2.5

-Use a DRY pad.

CaliPhotog
08-11-2005, 10:30 AM
A few tips on SSR2.5

-Use a DRY pad.

COPY THAT! So... Do I keep working it till it starts to turn into powder?

CaliPhotog
08-11-2005, 10:30 AM
A few tips on SSR2.5

-Use a DRY pad.

COPY THAT! So... Do I keep working it till it starts to turn into powder?

scottabir
08-11-2005, 10:37 AM
stop JUST before it starts drying up and turning to powder. *I* (<--I stole that from Accumulator :D) do not use that much polish with the PC I like it to break down faster so I can check my progress sooner. Try a few different ways to find *your* liking lots of polish (8-10" strip) or a few nickel sized drops on pad and maybe a ring around the pad to fit the middle of the bill.

Sometimes just playing around and trying new ways yields a greater learning experience. But we are here to throw ideas your way to help find what those differences are and what to try.