PDA

View Full Version : Customer complaint of swirls/holograms over 3 months after truck was buffed? what!!?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

quamen
08-10-2005, 06:45 PM
A customer called me today,well actually his secretary and said he is complaining that his blue gmc 1500 has swirls and holograming on it? It is obvious he wants me to buff it for free, and take care of it. I detailed this thing at least 3 months ago and it was perfect. I even called him several times afterwards and he said it was great! What would you guys do in this situation? When i detailed I buffed all the holograms out that the last detailer put in a week ago, and it came out great. I also used a product with no fillers so i know they were truly gone!

quamen
08-10-2005, 06:45 PM
A customer called me today,well actually his secretary and said he is complaining that his blue gmc 1500 has swirls and holograming on it? It is obvious he wants me to buff it for free, and take care of it. I detailed this thing at least 3 months ago and it was perfect. I even called him several times afterwards and he said it was great! What would you guys do in this situation? When i detailed I buffed all the holograms out that the last detailer put in a week ago, and it came out great. I also used a product with no fillers so i know they were truly gone!

6']['9
08-10-2005, 07:20 PM
were the swirls all over the vehicle? What products did you use? did you use a rotory.

If the swirls were just here and there id do a real quick polish n wax just to shut him up and maybe something like IP andthem OCW.

6']['9
08-10-2005, 07:20 PM
were the swirls all over the vehicle? What products did you use? did you use a rotory.

If the swirls were just here and there id do a real quick polish n wax just to shut him up and maybe something like IP andthem OCW.

Superior Shine
08-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Was his truck recently in for service?/ The dealer washes/details vehicles some times and really mess up some vehicles.

Superior Shine
08-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Was his truck recently in for service?/ The dealer washes/details vehicles some times and really mess up some vehicles.

quamen
08-10-2005, 07:40 PM
I used foam pad glaze and a sealant for his truck. No his truck wasnt in for service since i last saw it, and i used the rotary at 1500 rpm blue buff pad.

quamen
08-10-2005, 07:40 PM
I used foam pad glaze and a sealant for his truck. No his truck wasnt in for service since i last saw it, and i used the rotary at 1500 rpm blue buff pad.

imported_series1
08-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Maybe he just neglects it a lot. That is weird that he is saying something now 3 months later. He should of said something sooner if he wasnt satisified like within a week or 2 tops.

imported_series1
08-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Maybe he just neglects it a lot. That is weird that he is saying something now 3 months later. He should of said something sooner if he wasnt satisified like within a week or 2 tops.

brwill2005
08-10-2005, 07:48 PM
You used a glaze? Glazes usually fill and not remove surface defects. It is not right, however, for him to call you three months after the fact. I would offer to to it again at a discounted rate, but not for free. This time use a true polish, and not a glaze.

brwill2005
08-10-2005, 07:48 PM
You used a glaze? Glazes usually fill and not remove surface defects. It is not right, however, for him to call you three months after the fact. I would offer to to it again at a discounted rate, but not for free. This time use a true polish, and not a glaze.

quamen
08-10-2005, 07:55 PM
well it is Dk polish and they call it a glaze, but i talked to the owner and he says it does not contain any fillers what so ever.

quamen
08-10-2005, 07:55 PM
well it is Dk polish and they call it a glaze, but i talked to the owner and he says it does not contain any fillers what so ever.

brwill2005
08-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Tell him you can re-polish his car for a good price. Other than that, I do not think you are liable.