PDA

View Full Version : Removing inspection sticker and residue

Pages : [1] 2

Siggyboy
08-10-2005, 03:24 PM
I have an inspection sticker on my windshield that needs to come off. For some reason Virginia stickers are on the middle of the windshield. The paper is peeling and there is residue that is hard to get off. What can I use to remove this stuff? Thanx.

Siggyboy
08-10-2005, 03:24 PM
I have an inspection sticker on my windshield that needs to come off. For some reason Virginia stickers are on the middle of the windshield. The paper is peeling and there is residue that is hard to get off. What can I use to remove this stuff? Thanx.

chml17l
08-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Scrape with plastic razor blade or old credit card. Try some glass cleaner and if residue remains I`d use some 3M Prepsol/Adhesive Remover or Goo Gone.

chml17l
08-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Scrape with plastic razor blade or old credit card. Try some glass cleaner and if residue remains I`d use some 3M Prepsol/Adhesive Remover or Goo Gone.

Richt
08-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Autoglym tar and adhesive remover will wipe away anything left.

Richt
08-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Autoglym tar and adhesive remover will wipe away anything left.

Accumulator
08-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Another vote for 3M Adhesive Remover. I used that and a plastic razor blade to remove a VA inspection sticker from one of the 9C1s. Less exotic stuff like goo-gone works well too, but that 3M stuff is *so* handy that IMO everybody oughta have a can or two around the house/shop.

Accumulator
08-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Another vote for 3M Adhesive Remover. I used that and a plastic razor blade to remove a VA inspection sticker from one of the 9C1s. Less exotic stuff like goo-gone works well too, but that 3M stuff is *so* handy that IMO everybody oughta have a can or two around the house/shop.

darkdan
08-12-2005, 03:25 PM
If it`s not over defroster lines or tint just use some soapy water and a steel razor blade (in a holder) and hold it at a angle very close to the glass. No scratches.

If you don`t have a razor but happen to have a sponge with the white nylon webbing around it (like for dishes or bugs) those work great too.

darkdan
08-12-2005, 03:25 PM
If it`s not over defroster lines or tint just use some soapy water and a steel razor blade (in a holder) and hold it at a angle very close to the glass. No scratches.

If you don`t have a razor but happen to have a sponge with the white nylon webbing around it (like for dishes or bugs) those work great too.

Bill D
08-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I`d advise plastic razor blades ONLY along with your favorite arsenal of adhesive removers,elbow grease and patience.

That said, I was able to speed up the process by first making sure the temperature of the glass wasn`t drastically different from the ambient temperature and then just stuck my Steam Buggy in the corner of the windshield and very neatly got rid of the sticker and remaining residue.

A hair dryer might be a substitute but again, the plastic razor blades ,the cleaner and patience will get the job done.

Bill D
08-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I`d advise plastic razor blades ONLY along with your favorite arsenal of adhesive removers,elbow grease and patience.

That said, I was able to speed up the process by first making sure the temperature of the glass wasn`t drastically different from the ambient temperature and then just stuck my Steam Buggy in the corner of the windshield and very neatly got rid of the sticker and remaining residue.

A hair dryer might be a substitute but again, the plastic razor blades ,the cleaner and patience will get the job done.

Siggyboy
08-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Thanks. Whaddya guys mean by "plastic razor blades"? Disposables?

Siggyboy
08-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Thanks. Whaddya guys mean by "plastic razor blades"? Disposables?

Bill D
08-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Plastic razor blades look just like typical steel razor blades. Mine are red. An auto parts store should have them.