PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO and SG

Pages : [1] 2

Flatfour
08-10-2005, 11:49 AM
What`s the best way to apply this combo ?

Rotary, by hand...

With a MF or sponge or applicator ?

And can it be used on all surfaces, paint, black trim, black surroundings and so, or will it leaving white marks...

Wally

Flatfour
08-10-2005, 11:49 AM
What`s the best way to apply this combo ?

Rotary, by hand...

With a MF or sponge or applicator ?

And can it be used on all surfaces, paint, black trim, black surroundings and so, or will it leaving white marks...

Wally

tom p.
08-10-2005, 12:14 PM
I apply with the porter-cable (DA) and remove by hand. IMO, that yields a result superior than doing it by hand - - at least by my hand.

It`s pretty forgiving on black trim but I wouldn`t slop it on intentionally. People use it on glass as well.

tom p.
08-10-2005, 12:14 PM
I apply with the porter-cable (DA) and remove by hand. IMO, that yields a result superior than doing it by hand - - at least by my hand.

It`s pretty forgiving on black trim but I wouldn`t slop it on intentionally. People use it on glass as well.

Accumulator
08-10-2005, 12:21 PM
It`s pretty forgiving on black trim but I wouldn`t slop it on intentionally...

It pays to test it on an inconspicuous area, but I *do* use it intentionally on black trim, including the textured plastic stuff. I`ve done this on a number of vehicles and currently do it on the MPV. Works well for me but of course YMMV.

On the black textured plastic, I use a semi-W-O-W-O method. And as always, don`t use much; thinner is better.

Accumulator
08-10-2005, 12:21 PM
It`s pretty forgiving on black trim but I wouldn`t slop it on intentionally...

It pays to test it on an inconspicuous area, but I *do* use it intentionally on black trim, including the textured plastic stuff. I`ve done this on a number of vehicles and currently do it on the MPV. Works well for me but of course YMMV.

On the black textured plastic, I use a semi-W-O-W-O method. And as always, don`t use much; thinner is better.

LOTA OT
08-10-2005, 07:21 PM
AIO with a PC and polishing pad gives me the best base. I still get better results with SG by hand using a damp MF or terry applicator. Letting the SG cure for about an hour and then wiping with a damp MF towel and buffing with a dry MF towel.

LOTA OT
08-10-2005, 07:21 PM
AIO with a PC and polishing pad gives me the best base. I still get better results with SG by hand using a damp MF or terry applicator. Letting the SG cure for about an hour and then wiping with a damp MF towel and buffing with a dry MF towel.

imported_MCA
08-10-2005, 08:24 PM
I use AIO with a white polishing pad and the PC --> In my experience, this maximizes the cleaning capabilities. I apply SG via hand and a MF applicator --> its the only way *I* can get it thin enough.

MCA

imported_MCA
08-10-2005, 08:24 PM
I use AIO with a white polishing pad and the PC --> In my experience, this maximizes the cleaning capabilities. I apply SG via hand and a MF applicator --> its the only way *I* can get it thin enough.

MCA

Flatfour
08-11-2005, 06:48 AM
What about an extra layer of Carnauba wax, I have a box of Swissol Samurai (ok it`s expensive but ...), can I layer that above the SG or is that a bad idea ?

Flatfour
08-11-2005, 06:48 AM
What about an extra layer of Carnauba wax, I have a box of Swissol Samurai (ok it`s expensive but ...), can I layer that above the SG or is that a bad idea ?

Accumulator
08-11-2005, 09:18 AM
I might be in the minority here, but I apply the SG by hand with a foam app, I can`t get it as thin as I like with MF.

Wally- Topping the KSG with carnauba usually makes it look better, but then you can`t add more SG. I like to keep adding SG from time to time myself, but if you want to top it I`d at least build up a few layers of SG first. Maybe 3-4. Then refresh the wax from time to time.

Accumulator
08-11-2005, 09:18 AM
I might be in the minority here, but I apply the SG by hand with a foam app, I can`t get it as thin as I like with MF.

Wally- Topping the KSG with carnauba usually makes it look better, but then you can`t add more SG. I like to keep adding SG from time to time myself, but if you want to top it I`d at least build up a few layers of SG first. Maybe 3-4. Then refresh the wax from time to time.

beastie
08-11-2005, 03:57 PM
I used to use MF applicator for SG as well but foam proved to be the easier way of getting thin applications. I tried using SG with a grey pad and the results were great but was harder to meter out the amount applied.