PDA

View Full Version : Questions About Liquid Glass..

Pages : [1] 2

The Game
08-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Well yesterday my 19yr old nephew got his first car, a 8cyl 90 Ford Mustang GT it`s red. He also brough a can of Liquid Glass to get his "SHINE ON". Well after a search here there is no info., on it. Since I`ve always seen it on the self in auto stores, I could never justify the price, now it`s $18. So if any of you in Autopia community have used this please give your opinions. Or, should he return it. The paint is in decent shape so it will take a shine.

Thanks for all input..

The Game

The Game
08-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Well yesterday my 19yr old nephew got his first car, a 8cyl 90 Ford Mustang GT it`s red. He also brough a can of Liquid Glass to get his "SHINE ON". Well after a search here there is no info., on it. Since I`ve always seen it on the self in auto stores, I could never justify the price, now it`s $18. So if any of you in Autopia community have used this please give your opinions. Or, should he return it. The paint is in decent shape so it will take a shine.

Thanks for all input..

The Game

AutoCadillac
08-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I use it on my 2000 Tahoe and 2004 DeVille DHS. I love the stuff. The best results are obtained when the instructions on the can are followed.

AutoCadillac
08-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I use it on my 2000 Tahoe and 2004 DeVille DHS. I love the stuff. The best results are obtained when the instructions on the can are followed.

03Black1.8t
08-10-2005, 01:41 PM
I have the pre cleaner and its way better IMO than ssr`s. its green and has some cut to it. You can put in on almost everything. I belive the bottle you are talking about is a square tim car with a 50`s corvette on it. It does leave some dusting behind but it suspose to holf up for atleast 3 months. Autogeek.net has it.

03Black1.8t
08-10-2005, 01:41 PM
I have the pre cleaner and its way better IMO than ssr`s. its green and has some cut to it. You can put in on almost everything. I belive the bottle you are talking about is a square tim car with a 50`s corvette on it. It does leave some dusting behind but it suspose to holf up for atleast 3 months. Autogeek.net has it.

The Game
08-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Yup, that`s the one, the description is right off the can. I just need the Autopian view of the product. This is one you can`t hit the search feature for, it just might be "OLD SCHOOL" for the pro & novice alike.

The Game
08-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Yup, that`s the one, the description is right off the can. I just need the Autopian view of the product. This is one you can`t hit the search feature for, it just might be "OLD SCHOOL" for the pro & novice alike.

chml17l
08-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Here`s a link to a LG discussion back in June with some opinions--

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57267&highlight=liquid+glass

chml17l
08-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Here`s a link to a LG discussion back in June with some opinions--

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57267&highlight=liquid+glass

The Game
08-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Thanks chml17l for the link, it looks like a good winter poly to use under 845 IW. Everyone raves about the protection against winter salt, road tar and crud. The " Looks pretty good "shine is iffy, between nice to decent no head turning WOW effect. It`s the durability that makes it go..

I just LOVE this site.

The Game

The Game
08-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Thanks chml17l for the link, it looks like a good winter poly to use under 845 IW. Everyone raves about the protection against winter salt, road tar and crud. The " Looks pretty good "shine is iffy, between nice to decent no head turning WOW effect. It`s the durability that makes it go..

I just LOVE this site.

The Game

DETAILKING
08-10-2005, 05:32 PM
LG has been out for a long time. There are better products out there that take advantage of newer technology breakthroughs. It is a decent product, and has good cleaning so is good to use on older paint that needs to be spruced up a bit. I always preferred nu finish to it though.

DETAILKING
08-10-2005, 05:32 PM
LG has been out for a long time. There are better products out there that take advantage of newer technology breakthroughs. It is a decent product, and has good cleaning so is good to use on older paint that needs to be spruced up a bit. I always preferred nu finish to it though.

blonzz
08-10-2005, 09:38 PM
3 pages

Liquid Glass Title Search (http://autopia.org/forum/search.php?searchid=88546)