PDA

View Full Version : Quickie `Detail` of BIL`s auto ?

imported_rachelanne16
08-10-2005, 06:38 AM
I need to do my BIL`s 01-02(?) black Chevy Trailblazer. Only have 3 hrs. to put into it. Past care consists solely of "touchless" car washes, as will all future care. :(

He has some paint transfer on the door and I made the mistake of saying bring it by (I have not yet seen the vehicle). He will never touch the vehicle again, but I don`t want there to be a shiny streak on the door ...

I am thinking AIO or 3M SMR to remove the paint transfer. Then maybe AIO vehicle and top with Liquid Souverin (a never-used freebie from a long-past order). I am thinking Liquid Souverin because SG or UPP is going to highlight the many swirls that I am sure are on the vehicle.

I plan to clean wheels and tires with (diluted) Simple Green, then AIO + SG (or maybe just Sonus Glanz) the wheels.

He is bringing his nephew, so the kid can spray the tires with some aerosol Black Magic I have (you know how some people don`t think the car has been `detailed` unless the tires are pretty slick?) and maybe 303 and buff the interior vinyl, and vacuum. The BIL just had an operation. so he is just going to supervise.

I think that is going to be a full 3 hours. I also have clay, 1z PP, 3M IHG, 3M MG, but I don`t think that a step involving these products is going to fit. Also, all work will be by hand.

Not really the Autopian way, but as it was discussed on a recent thread, how many steps do you do, if they`re not going to maintain it (or truly appreciate the difference)? Maybe I should just wash with Turtle Zip wash/wax and top with EO W&S and commence cocktail hour early. :D

Thanks much for any input.

imported_rachelanne16
08-10-2005, 06:38 AM
I need to do my BIL`s 01-02(?) black Chevy Trailblazer. Only have 3 hrs. to put into it. Past care consists solely of "touchless" car washes, as will all future care. :(

He has some paint transfer on the door and I made the mistake of saying bring it by (I have not yet seen the vehicle). He will never touch the vehicle again, but I don`t want there to be a shiny streak on the door ...

I am thinking AIO or 3M SMR to remove the paint transfer. Then maybe AIO vehicle and top with Liquid Souverin (a never-used freebie from a long-past order). I am thinking Liquid Souverin because SG or UPP is going to highlight the many swirls that I am sure are on the vehicle.

I plan to clean wheels and tires with (diluted) Simple Green, then AIO + SG (or maybe just Sonus Glanz) the wheels.

He is bringing his nephew, so the kid can spray the tires with some aerosol Black Magic I have (you know how some people don`t think the car has been `detailed` unless the tires are pretty slick?) and maybe 303 and buff the interior vinyl, and vacuum. The BIL just had an operation. so he is just going to supervise.

I think that is going to be a full 3 hours. I also have clay, 1z PP, 3M IHG, 3M MG, but I don`t think that a step involving these products is going to fit. Also, all work will be by hand.

Not really the Autopian way, but as it was discussed on a recent thread, how many steps do you do, if they`re not going to maintain it (or truly appreciate the difference)? Maybe I should just wash with Turtle Zip wash/wax and top with EO W&S and commence cocktail hour early. :D

Thanks much for any input.

imported_themightytimmah
08-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Remove the paint transfer with 1z PP, then I`d hit the whole car with Vanilla Moose and Liquid Souveran. VM has some serious hiding properties that AIO lacks. Why is it that the "abusers" alway buy black? There should be a test or something to buy a black car :), cause with the exception of mine, every pre-2003 black car I see in Maine looks something awful.

imported_themightytimmah
08-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Remove the paint transfer with 1z PP, then I`d hit the whole car with Vanilla Moose and Liquid Souveran. VM has some serious hiding properties that AIO lacks. Why is it that the "abusers" alway buy black? There should be a test or something to buy a black car :), cause with the exception of mine, every pre-2003 black car I see in Maine looks something awful.

papi_jay
08-10-2005, 11:13 AM
with the exception of yours .. hee hee nice !

papi_jay
08-10-2005, 11:13 AM
with the exception of yours .. hee hee nice !