PDA

View Full Version : OCP/AIO Question

tzec
08-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey everyone, would OCP + AIO + RMG + UPP on black be a good combination for looks and durability? Or would the AIO step be a waste? Thought process being (please bear with me, it`s late): the AIO would help prep the surface and when the UPP and RMG wear off, the AIO continues to protect... or is this just crazy talk?

Thanks,

Tim

tzec
08-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey everyone, would OCP + AIO + RMG + UPP on black be a good combination for looks and durability? Or would the AIO step be a waste? Thought process being (please bear with me, it`s late): the AIO would help prep the surface and when the UPP and RMG wear off, the AIO continues to protect... or is this just crazy talk?

Thanks,

Tim

Setec Astronomy
08-09-2005, 07:55 PM
It`s crazy talk.

Skip the AIO for that combo.

Setec Astronomy
08-09-2005, 07:55 PM
It`s crazy talk.

Skip the AIO for that combo.

Scottwax
08-09-2005, 10:01 PM
You can use it, depending on the pad it will further polish the paint.

I actually had time to get to mine today, so I went with Optimum Polish, Vanilla Moose (both with polishing pads) and topped with OCW. Turned out really good. Even one of my skating buddies at the park noticed.

Scottwax
08-09-2005, 10:01 PM
You can use it, depending on the pad it will further polish the paint.

I actually had time to get to mine today, so I went with Optimum Polish, Vanilla Moose (both with polishing pads) and topped with OCW. Turned out really good. Even one of my skating buddies at the park noticed.

Setec Astronomy
08-09-2005, 10:08 PM
But Scott, you did a polish, glaze, and wax...tzec is talking about polish, AIO, glaze, wax. Seems to me that anything that AIO would clean/polish would already be removed by the OCP, and that any further polishing that AIO would do would also be done by the RMG.

Setec Astronomy
08-09-2005, 10:08 PM
But Scott, you did a polish, glaze, and wax...tzec is talking about polish, AIO, glaze, wax. Seems to me that anything that AIO would clean/polish would already be removed by the OCP, and that any further polishing that AIO would do would also be done by the RMG.

Scottwax
08-09-2005, 10:13 PM

Not necessarily. Use a polishing pad with AIO and a finishing pad with RMG. Kind of like going from 600 grit sandpaper to 1000 then to 1200 on wood. Every step contributes at least a little. Is it worth the extra step? That I can`t answer with 100% certainty.

Scottwax
08-09-2005, 10:13 PM

Not necessarily. Use a polishing pad with AIO and a finishing pad with RMG. Kind of like going from 600 grit sandpaper to 1000 then to 1200 on wood. Every step contributes at least a little. Is it worth the extra step? That I can`t answer with 100% certainty.

Anthony O.
08-09-2005, 10:33 PM
OCW will not sit well on AIO or another polymer. Remember that OCW is a polymer formulation so it is best if applied to freshly cleaned and/or polished paint, wait 12 to 24 hours for bonding and then you can try a paste wax over it but obviously not a cleaner wax :grinno:

Anthony

Anthony O.
08-09-2005, 10:33 PM
OCW will not sit well on AIO or another polymer. Remember that OCW is a polymer formulation so it is best if applied to freshly cleaned and/or polished paint, wait 12 to 24 hours for bonding and then you can try a paste wax over it but obviously not a cleaner wax :grinno:

Anthony

tzec
08-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks for all the answers everyone. I`ve got a few more if you don`t mind...

1) How aggressive is OCP with a polishing pad vs. AIO with polishing pad?

2) How often (like, how many times a year) can I use OCP or AIO without being unnecessarily aggressive with the clear coat?

3) When the RMG+UPP combo starts to fade, is it best to reapply without prep (assuming no swirls, scratches etc) or clean the paint with AIO and start again?

Thanks again!

tzec
08-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks for all the answers everyone. I`ve got a few more if you don`t mind...

1) How aggressive is OCP with a polishing pad vs. AIO with polishing pad?

2) How often (like, how many times a year) can I use OCP or AIO without being unnecessarily aggressive with the clear coat?

3) When the RMG+UPP combo starts to fade, is it best to reapply without prep (assuming no swirls, scratches etc) or clean the paint with AIO and start again?

Thanks again!