PDA

View Full Version : What extra pads should I buy along with polisher kit?

zimmerDN
08-09-2005, 04:31 PM
I am getting the Sonus DAS polisher kit from autopia-carcare http://autopia-carcare.com/son-daspol-kit.html :xyxthumbs

I comes with orange, green, blue pads (one of each). What other pads should I add to my order to complete my arsenal of pads?

I will be working on a black car with moderate swirls and marring. Using Optimum Polish and WF Prewax Cleaner. Maybe #80 too if the Optimum leaves any marring.

Please advice. ;)

zimmerDN
08-09-2005, 04:31 PM
I am getting the Sonus DAS polisher kit from autopia-carcare http://autopia-carcare.com/son-daspol-kit.html :xyxthumbs

I comes with orange, green, blue pads (one of each). What other pads should I add to my order to complete my arsenal of pads?

I will be working on a black car with moderate swirls and marring. Using Optimum Polish and WF Prewax Cleaner. Maybe #80 too if the Optimum leaves any marring.

Please advice. ;)

zippymbr
08-09-2005, 04:52 PM
It is always good to double up on the polishing and cutting pads, so that when one getts dirty you can easily switch pads. Having backups are great insurance to your peace of mind. Imagine ripping a pad halfway through a job and having no backup.

zippymbr
It is always good to double up on the polishing and cutting pads, so that when one getts dirty you can easily switch pads. Having backups are great insurance to your peace of mind. Imagine ripping a pad halfway through a job and having no backup.

JasonD
IMO, I`d get an additional green and blue pad to start off with. You can always buy more later, but I pretty much always find myself using more than one of each of these during a detail, and if you detail more than one car in a day, you will need more than that.

JasonD
IMO, I`d get an additional green and blue pad to start off with. You can always buy more later, but I pretty much always find myself using more than one of each of these during a detail, and if you detail more than one car in a day, you will need more than that.

imported_Picus
08-09-2005, 06:04 PM
I had the same question and similar issues with my black car. I got two sets of pads (orange, blue, green) and am glad I did. I used all 6 when I finally did my car. Mine were Lake County, but I`m sure Sonus is similar. I`d recommend two of each, it just makes switching out that much easier.

imported_Picus
08-09-2005, 06:04 PM
I had the same question and similar issues with my black car. I got two sets of pads (orange, blue, green) and am glad I did. I used all 6 when I finally did my car. Mine were Lake County, but I`m sure Sonus is similar. I`d recommend two of each, it just makes switching out that much easier.