PDA

View Full Version : Car Got Egg

audipower
08-09-2005, 11:18 AM
:angry Saturday night I figure, my girlfriends car got egg`d. We didn`t notice it till Monday morning and immediatly washed it off and I clayed it. Here`s a pic after autoglym paint renovator x2, SFX-2, then AIO. SFX-1 I tried first and it didn`t do nothing compared to the Autoglym PR.

It came out alot better. Where you see my hand at in the reflection is where the paint is chipped. It`s like a sun image. That can be repaired with touch up paint. The problems i have is the other areas. Where the egg dripped down the car. It left cracked illusion in the paint. I believe it went to the paint, if not clear coat. I think I polished enough and I don`t believe it will help anymore than it has.

What else is my options? Is there fillers out there that are spot fillers or by color?

I really would appreciate it guys!

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/eggafter.jpg

audipower
08-09-2005, 11:18 AM
:angry Saturday night I figure, my girlfriends car got egg`d. We didn`t notice it till Monday morning and immediatly washed it off and I clayed it. Here`s a pic after autoglym paint renovator x2, SFX-2, then AIO. SFX-1 I tried first and it didn`t do nothing compared to the Autoglym PR.

It came out alot better. Where you see my hand at in the reflection is where the paint is chipped. It`s like a sun image. That can be repaired with touch up paint. The problems i have is the other areas. Where the egg dripped down the car. It left cracked illusion in the paint. I believe it went to the paint, if not clear coat. I think I polished enough and I don`t believe it will help anymore than it has.

What else is my options? Is there fillers out there that are spot fillers or by color?

I really would appreciate it guys!

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/eggafter.jpg

Scottwax
08-09-2005, 01:07 PM
The egg shells crack and chip the paint. Only a repaint will properly repair the area. Touch up paint may help but it won`t be perfect.

Scottwax
08-09-2005, 01:07 PM
The egg shells crack and chip the paint. Only a repaint will properly repair the area. Touch up paint may help but it won`t be perfect.

audipower
08-09-2005, 08:40 PM
I`m looking for a cover up. I have a couple of painter friends so I`m going to meet up with them Sunday. I`m hoping I can just sand it out and have them re-clear coat it. If not I`ll just plane on getting it repainted this winter.

It`s just sad!

audipower
08-09-2005, 08:40 PM
I`m looking for a cover up. I have a couple of painter friends so I`m going to meet up with them Sunday. I`m hoping I can just sand it out and have them re-clear coat it. If not I`ll just plane on getting it repainted this winter.

It`s just sad!

safetyman2010
08-11-2005, 07:49 AM
Sand and re-clear won`t fix it. It will need to be sanded right out in the affected area, feathered out, primered, sanded again and feathered. Base coat applied and blended out and re-clear the entire panel. It sucks but that`s what egg does to paint. We had a Hyundai Santa Fe in Yesterday that had a one foot square patch on the roof where the egg actually ate right through the paint.

safetyman2010
08-11-2005, 07:49 AM
Sand and re-clear won`t fix it. It will need to be sanded right out in the affected area, feathered out, primered, sanded again and feathered. Base coat applied and blended out and re-clear the entire panel. It sucks but that`s what egg does to paint. We had a Hyundai Santa Fe in Yesterday that had a one foot square patch on the roof where the egg actually ate right through the paint.

audipower
08-30-2005, 09:58 AM
How much did that cost for him? Where are you Scott?

Supurban
08-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Eggshells are nasty scratchers. Someone threw an egg at my car door one night. Paint was mostly okay.

But the real mess was lurking behind the plastic door molding. After several days, I couldn`t take the smell anymore. I had to pull off the trim and clean the goop behind it. Again, the door cleaned up easily. But I have yet to get the eggy stench that merged with the 3M tape on the back of the plastic molding. :(