PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning MF clothes and pads

speedsix
08-09-2005, 06:29 AM
Hi,

What is the easiest way to do this, I vaguely remember reading not to use regular washing powder.. is liquid ok? What about hand washing in liquid?

Bearing in mind this is my first experience of those fangled washing machines things so go slow with me :)

Also what should I do with my clothes/pads/wash mitt straight after I`ve finished using them?

Thanks

Dom

speedsix
08-09-2005, 06:29 AM
Hi,

What is the easiest way to do this, I vaguely remember reading not to use regular washing powder.. is liquid ok? What about hand washing in liquid?

Bearing in mind this is my first experience of those fangled washing machines things so go slow with me :)

Also what should I do with my clothes/pads/wash mitt straight after I`ve finished using them?

Thanks

Dom

papi_jay
08-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Hand washing with Liquid Tide is fine or Woolite , but you have to rinse them many times .

I wash mine in a large sink , squeeze for abut 5 minutes to agitate , let soak hours , squeeze again then rinse and let them soak for an hour , squeezing every so often .

I repeat the rinse stage like 4 times and rinse each individually under running water .

I also add a cap of distilled vinegar to the last soak before rinsing out .

I dont have enough of them for a full washer load , but if doing in a washer , two rinse cycles would be mandatory

papi_jay
08-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Hand washing with Liquid Tide is fine or Woolite , but you have to rinse them many times .

I wash mine in a large sink , squeeze for abut 5 minutes to agitate , let soak hours , squeeze again then rinse and let them soak for an hour , squeezing every so often .

I repeat the rinse stage like 4 times and rinse each individually under running water .

I also add a cap of distilled vinegar to the last soak before rinsing out .

I dont have enough of them for a full washer load , but if doing in a washer , two rinse cycles would be mandatory

speedsix
08-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Excellent thanks.

Dom

speedsix
08-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Excellent thanks.

Dom

speedsix
08-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Nearly forgot, what about the foam appplicator pads?

Thanks

speedsix
08-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Nearly forgot, what about the foam appplicator pads?

Thanks

wytstang
08-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Foam pad just use hot h20 with woolite/dish detergant(sp?), when it`s cool enough to handle sqeeze repeatedly kinda like the mf instructions up top. Mine come out pretty clean after that.

wytstang
08-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Foam pad just use hot h20 with woolite/dish detergant(sp?), when it`s cool enough to handle sqeeze repeatedly kinda like the mf instructions up top. Mine come out pretty clean after that.